Human x Anthro group 1,281 members · 648 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Clown Torres
Group Admin

Most of us played open world games like Elder scrolls and Fallout. Sometimes add some certain mods for those games (Armour, weapons, quests, companions, etc). But you might notice the difference between how people use those mods for those games.

Games like Fallout:
- Use armour mods that doesn't expose body parts.

- Survival first, sex later
- Power armour is stronk

- Why would I wear this Boris Vallejo-esque armour. It's paper armour

Games like Elder Scrolls:
- A fantasy world filled with different races that are just waiting to wear unconvincing apparel.
- "I just shot you in the exposed abdomen, HOW ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?! Magic, of course"
- They all wear.

So to sum it all up, humans live and coexist with ponies, zebra, changelings, griffons, etc who wear unconvincing apparel in a post-apocalyptic world (Like in Fallout but take place 500 years after the bombs and minus the sinister Vault-tec social experiments). Or in a nutshell Fallout and Elder Scrolls combined but with anthro ponies.

Might think of a backstory.

Narratively you could do some cool stuff with that. Say, the humans helped the anthro culture cultivate that design, so if war ever broke out the humans would have a battle advantage?

Ponies always go naked.

Clown Torres
Group Admin

I was thinking a satire setting on how some people use those mods on their games.

I mean on Oblivion and Skyrim nexus, there's more impractical apparel than regular apparel (I think). I even sometimes use them.

As for Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Fallout 4 (mod creation kit comes out in April) nexus, there's less impractical apparel and more regular apparel.

So anthros represents Elder Scrolls mods and humans represents Fallout mods.

Ah, you were referring to the 'mod' culture of the Glorious PC master race. I'm a dirty console infidel so I've only heard legends of their awe inspiring power. And yes, I do think that could actually be an interesting point for satire. OHHH! What if the humans had a Sims like level of control over this anthro Equestria, furthering the satire? And use these sort of impractical clothes mods, (Among others such as regular natural disasters, invasions, etc) to appease their boredom?...annnddd ignore that cause I went off topic, sincerest apologies.

And that makes sense. especially if you factor in the whole idea of magic VS tech that approach would take.

Clown Torres
Group Admin

Here's the backstory.

In a alternate Equis (or horse planet) where humans are the only sapient race, But the anthros appear later (500-600 years). There was a war where two superpowers were fighting each other for many decades, from the industrial age to the modern age.

One superpower called the Republic fears of an impending apocalypse caused by either themselves or their enemy the Confederacy. In order to save humanity from the imminent apocalypse, the Republic formed a shelter project for these main goals.

-Keep the spirit and the fires of humanity alive.
-Preserve the teachings of the Republic.
-Rebuild our flawed society with a refined version.
-Preserve our progress (tech, art, and things that benefited humanity as species)

Almost similar to the Vaults from Fallout but minus the social expiermentation. Then years later Bla bla bla a battle happened, final nail driven into the coffin of civilization, etc. Finally a global wide nuclear holocaust happened, but many people made it to the Vault-esque shelters or nuclear prefab shelters before or during the apocalypse.

500 hundred years later. Humanity was still alive, safe and secure in their shelters when suddenly they start to resurface and expected to see a wasteland desert. Fortunately they were wrong, instead what they saw was forests, grassy fields, and nature re-healed after the bombs. Finally all the humans got to together and rebuilding civilization (Naming itself as the New Republic). But they're others who believe the mistakes of the past might repeat itself if no one stands up to it, so they left and formed the Order (Similar to both Western Brotherhood of Steel and Lyons' BoS).

Finally, humans made first contact with the anthros even the contact was... Awkward. Because these anthros were half naked or 75% naked. So humans and these half naked anthros coexist peacefully and stories revolve around human adventurers in a new world doing things involving exploring the ruins of the pre-war days, doing quests, saving the world from mutants, dragons, and a Para-military psychopaths faction (Post-war Confederacy) time and time again, and not understanding why anthros have to wear impractical apparel.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6