Filly Fantasy VI 279 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
DrakeyC
Group Admin

The names in the ending credits:

Wait... is that replacing the names of the original characters from Final Fantasy 6? I always thought it was appropriate to leave that alone since it gives people the insight of who these ponies were taking the role of for this mod. Back when I first played Pony Fantasy 6, I had never played the original Final Fantasy 6, so I didn't know any of the Final Fantasy 6 characters. (Except for the more popular ones like Terra.)

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Hmmm, fair point. And I suppose it does make sense in the phrasing of "AJ as 'Cyan Garamonde'."

Anyone else have thoughts either way? It's a minor detail for me either way.

First I'm surprised you were able to find a way to change that since I thought that would take some pretty hardcore coding or something so good on you for that. Second, yeah I kind of agree. That's how I felt about the Pony Fantasy as well that it was appropriate to leave in the original names. It was always kind of odd they decided to do that in the credits anyway but here, I think it would still be appropriate.

Yeah, I agree that it's better to have the FF6 names instead. It makes it more like the pony characters are portraying the FF6 characters like some kinda movie. Personally, I'd say look into making the smaller "nickname" text to be in full on the ponies. So rather than "Twiley as Terra Branford" its "Twilight Sparkle as Terra Branford" instead.

That said, if you do still want to release it with the FF6 characters replaced, why not use an IPS patch so that those that want it that way can.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5