Filly Fantasy VI 279 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

So upon getting significantly farther then I ever did in 1.0, there is something that has come to my attention.

That DrakeyC has done too damn good of a job and has such rendered 90% of the Rage/Emulate and Lore guides for FF6 completely worthless.

Rage is one of those powers where it's actually harder to use the more monsters you have on the list. This is because the majority of monsters are relatively useless and they clog up the list while you're looking for the stars. So I normally use this guide to help me remember which Rages to get. However since DrakeyC completely redid many of the monsters, the information is wildly inaccurate.
Marshal -> Guard Captain: I've only seen Scoots use Net while emulating him. No Wind Slash?
Trilium: Only casts poison now?
Hazer -> Shaman: I've only seen Scootaloo emulate Bolt and Bio rather then casting Bolt 2.
Over-Mind -> Wendigo: No more Elf Fire, replaced with Blizzard and Blaze

I haven't gotten Rarity yet but I'm pretty sure she has completely different locations for most of her Lores now.

So I'm asking those who have completed most of the game so far if they can share which are the stars of the new list so I don't clog up Scootaloo's Emulations with useless detritus and where the monsters that can teach Rarity her lores are and/or which ones are missable?

DrakeyC
Group Admin

I'll toss a bone out because yeah, I did change this a lot and it's one of the more obscure pieces of game mechanics. I'll give some lists. I'm not sure off the top of my head when many of these appear, though, I'm going by the rom listing. The ones I know are fairly deep in the WoR will be marked with an asterisk. I'll also italicize Lores - if they appear as a Rage the monster certainly uses them normally too. The vanilla Lores are mostly unchanged.

Ninja - Flame Edge and Water Edge
Mag Roader (purple) - Icera and Fira
Sorceress - Wave and Tremor
Brigadier - Aero and Acid Rain
*Chaos Wind - Quasar and Matra Magic
Rhodox - Level 2 attack, Pitfall
*Tirac - Dark Fire and Battle
Chimera - Landslide and Twister
*Arabus - Dark Bolt and Battle
Suzaku - Twister and Cyclonic, grants Life3/Revive
Anguiform - Level 8 attack and Aqualung
Ensign - GemMissile, Heat Laser
Cruller - Blaze, Fira
SlamDancer - Icera, Boltra
Minotaur - Level 6 attack, Magnitude8
*Tonberry - Level 14 Attack and Attack, nulls six elements and absorbs Holy, weak to Poison
*Magic Urn - Curaga and Attack, absorbs all elements
Aspik - Gigavolt and Battle
Colonel - Battle and Cura
*Assassin - Wind Slash and Bolt Edge
Warlock - Tremor and Aero
*Enchantress - Curaga and Flare
*Goblin - Blaze and Firaga
Dark Horse - Battle and Death
Rhinox - Battle and Life 3/Revive
Rhobite - Battle and Raise
Dark Chimera - Fireball and Avalanche
SrBehemoth - Battle and Icega
Zombone - Battle and Landslide
Red Dragon - Comet and Level 8 Attack
*Brontaur - Atomic Ray and Icega
Malboro - Battle and Bad Breath
Firebird - Battle and Landslide (not sure why though, on next update I'll make it Meltdown, also a Lore)
Uroboros - Firaga and Drain
*Gem Hound - Quake
Heavy Armor - Heat Laser and Volt Laser
*Aquaboil - Wave and Aqualung
*Cerberus - Battle and Moonbeam
Earthquard - Battle and Big Guard
*Great Malboro - Scour and Bad Breath
Nightwing - Battle and Lightstorm
*Hunterlin - Battle and Drainga
Nohrabbit - Battle and Curaga
Wizard - Battle and Icega
Scrapper - Battle and Tremor
*DiamondDog - Battle and Landslide
Nastidon - Battle and Freeze
Glow Cloud - Ice and Fire
Dark Cloud - Battle and Icega
Karkass - Battle and Flare
*GtBehemoth - Comet and Level 8 Attack
Major - Battle and Diffuser
Chaos Chimera - Gigavolt and Twister
Spirit - Battle and Fira
*Phoenix - Battle and Cyclone
*MagiDancer - Battle and Slowga
Gigataur - Battle and Level 8 Attack
*Didalos - Scour and Gravga

Thank you this will be fairly helpful.

More Rage aid:

Always Remember: Immunities carry over even if you use a different Rage. Even if the new Rage is weak to that specific Element, The Immunity and Absorption overwrites the weakness.

Also, 'Undead' Rages reverses healing magic/Items on the character, this will last the entire battle It also means you cannot revive Scootaloo so double check a Rage before you commit to it in a boss fight.

First encounter you're gonna want:

Shaman: Poison and Bolt are useful for Esper defense mission, and continue to be useful in the Magitec Facility
Petryodon: Fireball and Attack +immunity to fire. Fireball makes an decent fodder clearing attack and Fire Immunity comes in handy sometimes.
Leafer: gives Absorb Ice, which is the most common spell being thrown at you in the Facility. Use once then switch to a better rage.
Rhinotaur: You start with this, but it absorbs lighting and casts MegaVolt for Okay Damage, it also happens to give Cadence 20 mp if she runics it, so if your empty of cider, it is a way to fuel a few extra spells from her
Were-Rat: Absorbs Poison, plus semi-reliable cast of Poison which is actually pretty good.
Bomb: Blaze is a powerful spell, a bit better than FIra really. Be wary of the Ice Weakness though
Natultus or Exotite: Water Immunity is useful for the trench, and maybe That One Boss if you get stuck.

And if your feeling patient: Guard Captain: Net is a better Stop, this could save your ass against stronger opponents, since not every boss is immune to Stop, especially early on. Later, Stop also lets you hit monsters a bit above your weight class without them instantly shredding you.

Your gonna probably want to grab these after you get the Airship:

DkBehemoth (Intengar in FF3): Attack and Comet + Auto Inviz + Immunity to all elements/absorption to some. One of the best defensive Rages around
Chimera (found in the tiny forest right next to the town where you find Rarity): Twister and Aqualung, two solid fodder clearing spells
Anguniform: Garrote is baller as heck, Attack Multipliers work for spells cast off of the weapon as well, so you could be hitting people with a double-to-triple damage tremor with the Dirt Dagger. even without that, it hits like a truck. And Aqualung is always nice. Just remember it gives Auto-Blind which actually effects your accuracy this time around. Ribbons and Zeypher Capes fix this though.
Slamdancer: -ra tier spells and immunity to the three standard elements makes for a solid all around Rage.

In WoR I think Drakey mentioned all of the good ones, although there is one thing I gotta ask Drakey.

Does Io still exist on the Vedlt? cause I miss my Flare Star. And I'm pretty sure I've been pacing this place for the better part of a day looking for it.

Io is still there though I forget if it still has Flare Star. Unfortunately it is not as useful as it used to be because it is now non-elemental, so you can't abuse the Debilitator anymore (also makes enemies that use it more dangerous).

DrakeyC
Group Admin

It's still there but it has WaveCannon now

Adding to this note. Firebird and Phoenix have Auto Life 3. Meaning, when Scootaloo uses either of these 2, she's granted Life 3.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7