Audio Drama Fics 106 members · 79 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

what all I need for an audio drama? should I even make one?

here's a link for the story in question

Step one: Find a better story, one without clunky dialogue and blatant grammar and spelling mistakes.

5192362......................you know that I'm the author

Use a single set of ellipses (...) instead of multiple ones strung together. That will get the impact of your irritated pause across quite sufficiently; multiple ellipses strung together looks shabby.

Oh, and I don't care who you are. The story needs fixing.

5192524 oh? what makes you the judge of that? I think your jealous

5192943 Oh, yeah. Sure. Jealous. Yeah, that's it. Right. Totally. I'm so~o jealous.

Totally.

5192989 You know what I don't have time for some petty crap, I have an 30-40k chapter to write on top of a rewrite for another story. You sir are the reason why some authors leave the site and the fandom all together but the next time you want to shit on somebody else hard work I give you some advise read the story before you shit on it, the author might leave his/her work unedited for an reason such as the readers might prefer to read the raw, unedited versions before the clean cut or the author may not speak the King's English as their first language.

Hey, all I did was point out that the story needed serious editing work. Don't blame me if you're too proud (or lazy) to find a decent beta-reader.

And I tried to read the damn thing.

I couldn't get halfway through the first chapter because the spelling, grammar, and dialogue were so bad.

While I can appreciate the sentiment that a reader may want to look at the raw, unedited version first, I can't say that it's a good thing to have them up on the site; that's why you provide links to the GDocs and put the finished product up here.

Also, if English (the King's or otherwise) is not your first language, then your need for an editor is doubled. There's a metric shit-ton of excellent editors on this site, and the fact that you haven't gotten one is a sign of either extreme pride or laziness.

As for authors leaving the site because of people like me...yeah, I don't care. If the delicate little snowflakes can't handle a little honest, if blunt, critique of a story, hey, no skin off my nose.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8