Advertisements 177 members · 2,282 stories
Comments ( 77 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 77
The Corn
Group Admin

Hi everybody. So, if you're a part of the ideas team for the major group collab, then this is where we're going to start. Firstly, welcome to the major group collab and thank you so much for helping out! We're going to be talking on here instead of PM because there's so many people helping out that it would just get confusing by PM, and also, this way you can see and comment on other people's ideas too. Anyway, we should get started...

I'm The Corn, I'm directing this collab, so if you have any questions, then just ask me.

Right. So, what kind of a story is this going to be? I think it should be open for everyone to read, but other than that, I have no preference. So, should it be adventure, romance, comedy, etc?!

Also, do we want OC's in this, or just pure canon? Personally, I think we should allow OC's.

Well, that's all for now. Thanks for reading this, and thanks for all your help.

Maybe it should be a fusion of the three like an adventure comedy with romance further down the line

The Corn
Group Admin

5215862 oooohhhh.... I like that idea! I need opinions though, do we want OC's in it or not???

5215888 I think OC's are a good idea so a yes from me

5215896 Nope can't say that I have

The Corn
Group Admin

5215896 Sorry, no.

5215900 I have an idea then. I could set up a group contest to enter OC's, and the best ones will be part of the story, what do you think?

typervader
Group Admin

I think OC's are great! And as much as I don't like romance, I know everyone else does, so we can go ahead and put that in.
I also think we should add some Action, Sci-Fi, and I personally am a fan of Dark. It doesn't have to be SUPER dark, like a grimdark, but yea. Maybe a bit of Drama and Mystery as well!

5215902 Good idea that way we can possibly get multiple entry's and sift through them for ones that stick out

The Corn
Group Admin

5215907 But when should the closing date be? I think around 2 weeks, but do you think that will be long enough?

typervader
Group Admin

5215902 Thats a great idea! Should it just be on this group, or have others involved?

The Corn
Group Admin

5215915 I'll set the thread up on the group, so that's where people can find it and submit their entries, but anyone can enter.

5215908 Make it three just to be sure

The Corn
Group Admin

5215922 Okay, three weeks it is then! How many OC's are we going to accept in the story?

typervader
Group Admin

5215926 I think the number might depend on: How good the OC's are, how many people enter, and the kind of story. I don't think we can quite say yet.

The Corn
Group Admin

5215931 Hmm, good point. I guess we could aim for around five-ish, but just see what happens.

Comment posted by typervader deleted May 5th, 2016

5215934 There's a story I've been reading called The Chronicles of Relic and the whole story is basically just OC's

typervader
Group Admin

5215937 The 2 stories I am writing are just OC's with just Twilight. We might need more then 5, and if we need more, we could make them up as we make the story.

The Corn
Group Admin

So, what you're saying is, you want the story to just be OC's, maybe with a few canon characters, but all the rest OC's?! Sounds good to me! (Is that what you were saying?)

typervader
Group Admin

5215949 Yep. I find OC's make it easier to both write and can make it more interesting. It also gives WAY more freedom.

The Corn
Group Admin

Well then, if you both want OC's, then OC's all the way!!! Yeah, now that it's gonna be all OC's, we're defiantly gonna need more than five! But ok, sounds good to me.

typervader
Group Admin

5215962 Well, all OC's might be a bit much, we will still need Cannon characters, unless we want to do something like Fallout: Equestria.

The Corn
Group Admin

5215965 Oh, yeah, sorry, I did mean a few canon characters too. Just forgot to mention that.

The Corn
Group Admin

So, we got an all OC's story, (with a few canon characters). It's an adventure comedy, with some romance and drama. It can also take action, mysterious, and dark twists at points, but not too dark because it's for everyone. Sound good? I don't know how we'll get a sci-fi in there though, if you can think of a way we can, then let me know. I don't know, maybe we can make one of the characters a robot or something?! Or, is that too much?!

typervader
Group Admin

5215977 Depends on what, or how, this story will progress. If is an AU then that woudnt be hard at all. Otherwise we can't.

typervader
Group Admin

It also doesn't have to contain Sci-fi, the other elements sound great!

The Corn
Group Admin

5215978 Yeah, I think that would be best.

The Corn
Group Admin

5215984 OK, no sci-fi. Well, for now anyway. We'll concentrate on the other elements of the story, and if there's an opportunity for sci-fi to be put in, we will do, but I think we'll leave it out for now.

typervader
Group Admin

5215987 So what is the next step then?

The Corn
Group Admin

5215993 Hmm..... Well, we could try adding some fan-favourites? I know that Luna and Fluttershy seem to get a lot of attention, I don't know how easy it would be to add them into the story though, but i'm sure we could work on it. Hay, just ship Fluttershy with Discord, RainbowDash, or Big Macintosh, and you got people's attention! Or at least the half of the fandom that like shipping anyway.... Also, that could cover the romance part of the story.

typervader
Group Admin

5215998 As much as I HATE shipping, I do agree it does get alot of attention. I am not the person to ask for shippings....

The Corn
Group Admin

Well.... I think i'm going to start the OC contest thread now, if that's okay.

typervader
Group Admin

5216010 The earlier, the better. So go right ahead! I might even post a few OC's

The Corn
Group Admin

5216013 That's fine, it's open to anybody, submit as many OC's as you want!:rainbowlaugh:

typervader
Group Admin

I have an idea, but not sure if we should. If we are unable to decide on canon characters, we could do a poll, and let people vote on who they want.

The Corn
Group Admin

5216183 That's a really good idea, we should do that! Do you wanna set up the poll or should I?

typervader
Group Admin

5217297 I could set it up. All I need to do is choose how many of them will be on the poll. I will work on that over the day.

typervader
Group Admin

I think 30 might be enough. The poll will be on Doodle.

typervader
Group Admin

http://doodle.com/poll/fxpahcazzceiyh3w This is the link, before I post it check it out. If this doesnt work well I say you should do it then, you might be better at it.

Comment posted by typervader deleted May 7th, 2016
typervader
Group Admin

I have posted the poll. Will keep you updated.

The Corn
Group Admin

5223214 Maybe we should advertise the poll more? Draw more attention to it? And also give it a closing date...

typervader
Group Admin

I have done that over on self-promation. The same date as the OCcontest.

The Corn
Group Admin
typervader
Group Admin

Still. We only had like 4 people vote...

The Corn
Group Admin

5225887 Maybe we should make a new thread? Just to say that people still have a chance to vote.

typervader
Group Admin

5226132 That might work. Will do that later.

typervader
Group Admin

5226132 Seems like we got more. Will do that every week. Now we need a plot.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 77