Harmony Glade (Baton Twirler) 14 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

I love this gal, and this was the best bit of the song for me. Really interesting to see a non mane character able to hold her own with Rainbow Dash. And hey, if people can fall for Vinyl Scratch after two seconds of headbobbing, why not this fine individual? :pinkiehappy:

Visual Novel
Group Admin

4954217 Yes, I completely agree :twilightsmile:. It's almost shocking that she isn't popular. I think it's mostly because of bad luck; people just couldn't find a really catchy name for her that they could all agree on. That makes her harder to find, so she doesn't get as much recognition as she deserves. I would suggest we name her Baton Twirler, but that's a profession. It would be like calling a police, well... ''Police'' :rainbowlaugh:. Since Hop3l3ssRomantic is the first one to ever write a fanfic about her, I wanted to use the name he has given her; ''Harmony Glade''

I like Harmony Glade. On Derpibooru, they've given her the fan name "Sweeten Sour" (I guess because of her resemblance to Sour Sweet), but I'm not so fond of that.

Visual Novel
Group Admin

4954274 Yeah, me neither. Calling her ''Sweeten Sour'' just feels like a huge disservice to her character.

4954281 4954274
She doesn't even look like Sour Sweet! :applejackconfused: To me, she looks more like Roseluck than Sour.

I've taken to calling her Candy Stick. :yay:

Visual Novel
Group Admin

4954325 When I was watching the movie for the first time, I never once thought she looked like Sour Sweet. I mean, yeah sure they both wore buns on their hair at some point, but that's just a universal hairstyle! :rainbowlaugh:

Candy Stick

That's...

I'm gonna add that name to the group description :trollestia:.

That part of the song is my favorite too, I've watched it maybe a hundred times. I hope that's an exaggeration. As for Harmony, I do think that if I had found the image with the artist who called her Tsizzle Twirl that I woulsve ended up using it, but I don't think I could write Twizzle Twirl that many times. I came up with Harmony Glade because I wanted it to relate to music. I like to think her special talent isn't batons, but either composing or leading music. I tried things like melody but once I chose harmony, glade just sort of clicked. I think it fits well.

Visual Novel
Group Admin

4954563 Yeah, Twizzle Twirl does kinda become jarring at some point, right? I mean just try to say that name really fast 10 times in a row... It's impossible! :rainbowlaugh: By the way, thanks for writing the story :twilightsmile:. I hope we'll have more fics starring our favourite baton girl in the future.

I hope so too. I just love the ship and they really did set her up like she was going to be a supporting character only for her to disappear from the movie. It just leaves more for us fans to imagine I guess.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10