Your World 27 members · 58 stories
Comments ( 123 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 123
Eon333MS
Group Contributor

I'd like to talk about it with some people if you're interested even though it's still a very early idea. If you're interested at all please comment here or on my blog post here.

Sounds like it'd be interesting. You now have my curiosity.

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

5319682 glad somebody commented.

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

5319682 So what would you like to know. I'm still figuring out what I want to do, but I have a basic idea.

5319790 Well what do got? Genre? All the general stuff.

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

5319797 I think it would be classified as an rpg. I want it to be similar to Undertale with the moral choice of mercy or genocide (you know what Undertale is don't you?) but still be completely unique from it. The game play I'm actually thinking of doing something that I actually haven't seen before but it'll sort of be a mixture of Undertale and Panzer Dragoon Saga.

Do you have some kind of story idea to go with this theme for the game?

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

5319834 Some idea, but I'm still working most of it out.

One of the Crowd
Group Admin

I would love to hear more about this as well. RPGs are the best genre of game in my opinion.

5319821 Huh, that sounds pretty good.

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

5319931 Thanks. What would you like to hear first.

One of the Crowd
Group Admin

5320011 The story behind it actually. Every great game has a story or something.

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

5320013 The story is still in its earliest stages. But I'll summarize a bit of what I've got so far. It has a futuristic sci-fi setting. Essentially the player is just casually flying about in the middle of space when a worm hole opens up and sucks his/her space-craft into it. He/she wakes up having crash landed on a world undiscovered by humanity so far (or at least by humans from his/her dimension). and it turns out that this world is essentially a utopia of some sort where creatures have gathered from many different planets and live together in harmony. The player will also have "encountered" a mysterious entity that is pleading for his/her help. The player will probably explore a bit before discovering a native of this colony of worlds and he/she will start to learn some things that contradict with what the previously mentioned entity has said. Which leads to a question of does the player trust this native who hasn't done any harm or any good as of yet or do you trust the mysterious entity who is begging for your help but may be lying to you. That's what I've got for the beginning right now. I'll be right back.

One of the Crowd
Group Admin

5320024 alright, I'd like to know more about it, but early stage is early stage.

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

5320028 I have a bit more I just had to leave real quick.

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

5320028 I don't have very much planned out for the middle yet, but essentially the player will go to about eight different cities with the choice of either helping the people with their problems, leaving everything alone because it's none of their business, or going out of their way to slaughter everyone. The different things the player does will have effects on the story.

One of the Crowd
Group Admin

5320054 But of course, I'd expect a mass murderer to have a different view on life than a pacifist.

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

5320056 I think I'll go over some more tomorrow. It's pretty late for me.

One of the Crowd
Group Admin

5320060 It's 1 am for me.

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

5320063 Me too. Pretty sure my parents would want me to be sleeping right about now.

One of the Crowd
Group Admin

5320068 I dont' have to work in the morning so I don't think mine care.

5319845 well, let's see what we got so far and we can go from there. It doesn't have to make sense, it can be like cliff notes of ideas in a pile and we can sort them out.

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

5320130 I already wrote the beginning in this thread,

It has a futuristic sci-fi setting. Essentially the player is just casually flying about in the middle of space when a worm hole opens up and sucks his/her space-craft into it. He/she wakes up having crash landed on a world undiscovered by humanity so far (or at least by humans from his/her dimension). and it turns out that this world is essentially a utopia of some sort where creatures have gathered from many different planets and live together in harmony. The player will also have "encountered" a mysterious entity that is pleading for his/her help. The player will probably explore a bit before discovering a native of this colony of worlds and he/she will start to learn some things that contradict with what the previously mentioned entity has said. Which leads to a question of does the player trust this native who hasn't done any harm or any good as of yet or do you trust the mysterious entity who is begging for your help but may be lying to you.

That's the start for now. Obviously it'll have more details if it ever comes to be finished, but it's late now I'll talk some more tomorrow.

5320132 sorry, I was caught in the middle of a plane flight and my phone was about to die so I missed all the posts up until now.

Plus, its midnight for me right now and I'm dead tired and I still have another 12 hours of travel left before home.

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

5320134 It's cool it's late for me too.

5319503 Do you know how to make a video game? Not criticizing, I'm just curious. :twilightsmile:

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

5320149 Not really. It'll be a learning experience. I need to start with the basics first though. Narrow down the type of game I want to make figure out the story and things like that. I plan on doing research to help me once I'm ready to fully start.

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

I'm ready to talk some more if you guys are.

5320520 sure, I've got time right now.

5320520 Yeah sure, I've got a few minutes.

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

Thanks. Have either of you guys had experience or helped in this sort of thing before? (just asking).

5320564 not exactly, but I can help with building the outline of the story and help figure out a few details with it.

how about we start with the beginning. This entity you were talking about, you said it was crying for help but what kind of help? If the player is going to trust it, we're going to have to spend time with it and have the entity be right on a few beginning scenarios before we start questioning its commands. How do you plan on introducing the entity and have it gain the player's trust?

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

5320577 Good questions. I suppose to have the player trust the entity I'd have to get it to say things that will appeal to the player's better nature. Maybe the Entity could also serve as the tutorial character to explain how the game is played.

5320587 definitely! That will be a good way to introduce it as well begin earning the trust of the player. After a while when we start entering the different cities we can start the questionable requests from it.

How do you plan on starting the player in the game? At a home, in a black void with a disconnected voice talking to them, or on some random street? We still need to give some explanation on the starting world, or at least show how the starting world works. Will it be industrial, cyber world, rural/country? Something that can give a basis of accepted morals to start with, then the player can choose build from them or choose to follow their own morals.

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

5320611 I think the starting area will be some forest where the players ship has crash landed. The entity will be the first and only contact at the start until the first enemy. The entity itself is only experienced through a voice that only the player hears and it tries to help the player out of the forest.

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

5320611 Also like I mentioned the very start is a cutscene of the player's space-ship being sucked into a worm hole.

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

5320614 Okay. Anything you want to ask?

5320622 oh, crap, I forgot you specifically said this was space travel. Okay, so we are in a forest and we are learning about the different mechanics of fighting or whatever. Now would be a good time to introduce the moral choice mechanic a bit with the entity by using the forest's Eco system like, say, building a dam to get across a river but it also blocks the flow of water killing most of the life past that point. Well, maybe not something that extreme on the first few moral choices, but you get the idea. We can have the entity instruct the player on getting the best-case scenarios in the forest and on like the last few puzzles, the entity can make a few 'mistakes' and if the player catches them, then the entity will play it off as a mistake (or the entity can pick a side of battle and the player has to choose who to go with). Or, if the player blindly follows the instructions, the entity will congratulate the player and move on, however, not catching these early mistakes will have a butterfly effect into the entity trying to see just how far he can push the player and get away with things.

Is this starting to sound like undertale? I haven't played the game nor had time to. Maybe I'll look it up on YouTube for a 'lets play' and see how that goes.

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

5320647 Undertale is my main inspiration for the game. I actually recommend you play the game yourself before watching a let's play. Even most youtubers will agree with this, it's a game that is best experienced first hand.

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

5320647 I was thinking the moral choice could come into play with the first battle. The Entity explains how to defeat the creature. In the game I plan on making a mechanic where once you defeat the creature you are given the option to spare it or finish it. The entity will try to persuade the player to kill it, after all it tried to kill you. If the player does so he/she receives praise, if he doesn't the entity is a little surprised that the player won't listen to it, but shrugs it off and tells the player to do as he/she pleases but also not so -subtly hints that letting the creature go will probably mean that it'll come back to bother them again.

5320657 well, we'll see if my old computer is up for the task; is there still a free download for it? I'm assuming I'm going to have make an account somewhere before I can play it. Plus, I'm really busy with life right now and still have to finish writing the next few chapters of my story, so I'll settle for a lets play so I can relax while I do other things.

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

5320667 It's ten dollars on steam. That's how I got it.

5320664 hmm, do you think it would be possible to incorporate both in-battle and out-of-battle moral choices? It would add variety instead of leaving the player to get stuck in the habit of just constantly killing or sparing the enemy.

Just a thought.

5320673 well I'm a cheap bastard so it looks like I'll be watching it on YouTube. Sorry, I still have other things I have to look at buying first before I start buying games again; like upgrading my laptop with more RAM.

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

5320675 Yes actually, I wanted to implement a way to help the townspeople with various problems but not make them seem like just boring menial tasks. I need to figure out a way to give the player incentive to want to help everyone.

5320680 start simple. Try working with small things like clearing a new pathway for travel and/or commerce but destroys someone's home because it sits in the way. We can progressively build our way up to bigger things like war and other major issues. We could even throw in hidden ones! Like, the player may find random tasks or objects that they collect or complete that play a bigger role in late game, depending on how the finish or collect each thing. Did they forcibly take something, or did they trade for it? Was the trade fair, or did it screw the person over? Did helping that old lady across the street cause even more accidents later in time, or would letting her get hit by that car actually save people?

Play around with these kinds of 'what if' scenarios that create absurd and drastic outcomes due to the player's actions or inactions. Just make sure the outcomes make sense and not, 'you didn't pick up this random rock on the sidewalk therefore a child tripped over it and caused a ten car pile up in the intersection and one of those people who died was some high politician and this accident gets blamed as a terrorist attack and starts World War 12!' Or something like that, lol!

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

I think I'll come back to this thread later. I'll try to add some more details to the story.

5320623 Nah, I think I'll just sit back and watch how it goes.

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

5320710 If it goes. I really want to do this, but there's really no guarantee I'll finish. But I'll sure try.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 123