The Comic Book Fan Club 71 members · 75 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Captain Lunar
Group Admin

Goodbye and unwelcome! This time we am not doing me most hated member of Superman Family, Bizarro! Okay, enough Bizarro speak... For now. :pinkiecrazy:

As always, this is 100% my take on how I would introduce a character/team, be it in a comic book reboot, an alternate reality version, or cartoon, or video game. Just an alternate take that I think has a lot of potential. That being said, let's get started.

Created by Lex Luthor, Bizarro was the first and last attempt to clone a pure Kryptonian. Due to genetic memory, Bizarro knew things about Superman's life and many other aspects, but due to the process these memories were... Incomplete. While still as powerful as the Man of Steel, and capable of living practically indefinitely with the increases made to help bolster his genetic structure, Bizarro was seen as a failure. With chalk white crystalline skin, he was reviled as a monster by his creators, but kept alive for study purposes and mockingly named Bizarro.

While many saw the Bizarro as a slow witted creature, Bizarro was actually as intelligent as Superman, yet had the mentality of an 8 year old. Initially, due to his ill-formed vocal cords for a time was unable to say much of anything outside basic grunts and growls. When he eventually did learn to speak, his brain's speech centers would act up when he became agitated or angry and thus caused him to speak in the opposite of what he actually meant, even going as far to use reversed grammar such as "me am" instead of "I am"

Lonely and neglected, Bizarro decided to break free and see the world, and it was then he saw who he was created to defeat... Superman. He closely followed the Man of Steel, in secret, adding to what little knowledge he had from the genetic memories he retained from him. Inspired by the Man of Tomorrow, Bizarro sought to help people as Superman did and live by his example as best he could. Discretely raiding a costume store and donning a Superman costume, he went about Metropolis trying to help.

While very intelligent in his own right, Bizarro's innocent nature and carelessness with his strength caused him to be seen as a villain at first due to the unintentional damages he caused in his crime fighting. After being taken by Superman to the Fortress of Solitude, and Superman agreeing to let him stay there and help in Metropolis if he came to him before he did anything, Bizarro wholeheartedly agreed. However, desiring to be his own person, designed a new costume for himself, and begins to pal around with Jimmy Olsen quite a bit.

The backwards S exists simply to stand out from Superman. Bizarro, due to his youth and desire to be different, began to do very odd things such as setting up his OWN Fortress of Solitude next to Superman's.... Which amounted to little more than a snow-fort made with his arctic vision. Eventually, Bizarro left to find his own place to protect, finding it in the city of Happy Harbor and setting up his home in the rundown and abandoned Amusement Park aptly named, Bizarro World.

Happy Harbor, glad to have a local superhero in Bizarro and seeing him as a hero as he constantly stops disasters and what little crime there is, Bizarro finally found his place in the world. The youth of Happy Harbor, even helping him out by telling him of crimes in progress as his own Bizarro League, dressing up in mix matched outfits based on the members of the Justice League such as Batzarro, Bizarra, and Yellow Lantern.

Eventually however Bizarro ends up on Earth-29, a world where their "Superman" ended up dying against his worst enemy... Toyman. He quickly becomes this backward world's new hero and freely travels between Earth-29 and Earth-1.

4944133 Intriguing. So most of the time, he'd talk normally, and only talk like his old self when upset?
Keeping Bizarro World in a different universe helps make the different laws of physics make more sense. And it's also nice to see Bizarro be able to be a hero both there and on Earth.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2