AU Mane 6 - Starlight's Timelines 318 members · 104 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19

Season 3

Season 5

King Sombra is taller in the Season 5 finale then in the Season 3 Premiere.

So my question is why? It can't an animation error because this is also the same episode we find out he has no cutie mark.

I'm not sure why, but boy does he look handsome now! :raritystarry::twilightblush:

4930505 Let's say he absorbed the Crystal Heart, or otherwise used magic to enhance his abilities.

4930827 Ooh, I like that idea! Head Cannon accepted!

4930505 Perhaps he has grown in strength since his previous rule and this is reflected by his increased height.

4931011 Well, while he was once a pony his body is in a sense completely black magic now. As the war went on his power become fueled by more fear as not only the enslaved crystal ponies but now all the ponies of Equestria and perhaps even the races from other countries began to fear his forces.

Black magic from what I have seen in the show seems to feed off of fear so it is possible that this fear is fueling the black magic that now makes up Sombra's body.

But that is just a theory.... a mlp... (is beaten over the head, thrown into a sack and dragged off screen).

4931057 That is certainly good a possibility.

Well, how long has it been since he conquered Equestria? I'm sure after a year or two being tangible again he'd get bigger.

4930505 It could just be the railing contributing to an illusion, since perhaps the ones in S5 can be shorter than the ones in S3.

4931336 don't just look at the balcony. Look at the two models of him. His legs are longer, his neck is longer. His size proportions were original that of a tall unicorn, but now his size proportions are more of that of an Alicorn.

4931336 don't just look at the balcony. Look at the two models of him. His legs are longer, his neck is longer. His size proportions were original that of a tall unicorn, but now his size proportions are more of that of an Alicorn.

4931365 Hm. Sorry, I don't see much of a difference. :twilightsheepish: But, I could be wrong.

4930505 Actually, I think he just looks taller because the railing is shorter in the second one.

4931680 Did you read my last comment, you the third one that said that.

4931714 Yeah, I saw it, and I disagree with your comment. Pretty sure it's just the shortness of the railing playing with the perspective.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19