Brony Martial Artists 8 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
Eagle Heart
Group Admin

This is a little thread here to tell everyone a little bit about yourself, as well as what art you practice.

I myself practice the Korean art Kuk Sool Won

I'm a red belt with a brown stripe,

the belt ranks for this art in order are white, yellow stripe, yellow belt, blue stripe, blue belt, red stripe, red belt, brown stripe, brown belt, black stripe, brown/black belt, black stripes, black belt. Each belt takes about 6 months to earn.

So while I may not be a black belt, I love to study the martial arts as well as my own so I do like to think i'm somewhat knowledgeable about things.

If I think of more I'll add to this post.

Darkhanos
Group Admin

I am Darkhanos, and I too, practice martial arts. I've dabbled in several martial arts, but I've stuck with Boxing, Judo, and Muay Thai. I most recently took up Pekiti-Tirsia Kali, and I love it!

Most of my training came from my dad and some good friends I made along the way in my journey, so in a technical sense, I have little formal training. I've also been in a lot of streetfights, so what I lack in formal training, I more than make up for in actual experience. I generally don't talk too much about my formal ranks, only because I don't see it as a level of actual skill, but rather a display of what was learned. No disrespect intended, of course.

Anywho, that's me in a nutshell. The next martial art I hope to practice is the ultimate martial art, Ameri-Do-Te!

Hi, I'm Stiggerzz, and I'm an alcoholic
Hi, I'm Stiggerzz, and I learn Taekwondo. Currently a yellow belt with 3 white stripes, with blue belt being next up as per the system we're using where I am, since it tends to differ all over. The one we use is as follows.

White | Yellow 1 white stripe | Yellow 2 white stripes | Yellow 3 white stripes | Blue belt 1 white stripe |Blue belt 2 white stripes | Blue Belt 3 white stripes | Red belt 1 white stripe | Red belt 2 white stripes | Red belt 3 white stripes | Red belt black tip | Black belt

Eagle Heart
Group Admin

4881717 What style of TKD do you do?

4881733 y'know, that's a very good question actually.:twilightsheepish: The place I learn at has only ever referred to it as just taekwondo.

Eagle Heart
Group Admin

4881804 Ah well there's three styles,

WTF TKD Or World Taekwondo Federation which is the more sport kind.

ITF TKD Or International Taekwondo Federation which is the more traditional kind.

And the other are styles that are split into sections and it really starts to get confusing.

WTF TKD Or World Taekwondo Federation which is the more sport kind.

that's the one

Eagle Heart
Group Admin

4881873 Ah okay, that's the most common one. :ajsmug:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8