Paradise Oasis Fan Group 25 members · 35 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Paradise Oasis
Group Admin

Equestria is a name that evokes a lot of Feelings in my MLP universe. On the whole, Equestria is a kingdom to the south of Ponyland, Ruled by the alicorn princess Skyla, it is a state of perpetual cold war with the Ponyland confederacy. But there was a civilization that once existed in Ponland called the ancients, whom the Ponylanders drove out when they conquered and established the confederacy five hundred years ago. It is assumed the Ancients were the ancestors of the Equestrians, and their resentment is a result of the loss of their northern lands.

Princess Cadence, Applejack, and Spike are all survivors from the time of the ancients, but their memories have become muddled by the slow decay of time. while there are some well-kept records from the period before the conquest, it's hard to separate fact out from fiction. 'The harmony bearers' are a popular and well remembered series of heroic folk tales, much like the stories of King Arthur and his knights. And several Ponyland families, who are descended from the few ancients who remained in Ponyland, claim descent from the Harmony bearer houses.

In the years leading up to the events of the story 'the Magnificent Six', a series of historical fiction novels were published in Bright Valley, titled 'friendship is magic', that matches the events of the cartoon show. These stories are more fiction than fact, with such fanciful additions as Tirac and the Smooze being around in the time of the harmony bearers (both were crated in the Harmony bearer's lifetime, but they did not start to menace ponies until centuries later.) twilight sparkle visiting the human world when it was in it's medieval period through a mirror, but it resembled the modern world instead, or the Breezies, Sea ponies, and other races existing before they were created at Tambelon. These fanciful changes were made to enhance the novel's appeal.

In short, the events of the cartoon 'Friendship is Magic do not occur in my universe. Rather, they are a set of fairy tales and novels based on the Historical alicorns and Harmony Bearers that exist in Ponyland's past. I hope that clears up some of the discrepancies in my stories.

5376470 One thing I wonder, where does G3 and G3.5 fit into your MLP universe?

Paradise Oasis
Group Admin

G3 is about three hundred years after The Harmony bearer's lifetimes, 3.5 is basically when the G3's were foals. Have you read my G3-based stories?

5376549 I haven't got around to those, well yet anyway.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4