Overwatch 139 members · 16 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

I'm pretty sure a lot of Overwatch fans are hoping for an Overwatch movie, I certainly am. Last I heard there was a rumor flying around that they were going to try shooting for a movie to be released some time in 2019 or 2020. Nothing official on that front, but chances are they will need some songs for thematic punctuation. Thinking back for this I thought about the song "This is War" by Thirty Seconds to Mars. Amusingly enough some people have actually put Overwatch music videos with this song together in the past year or so, here's one that went up just a month or so ago

Warning Feels are likely during watching, it happened to me, I will admit some of the visual choices don't seem to match up with the lyrics, but still probably a good choice for an Overwatch film or series. That is another one of my hopes for Overwatch, if the movie thing falls through then maybe they could try for a show or animated series (wouldn't be much different than their animated shorts, just a bit longer)

Been hoping for a movie since day one

Movie idea great! Story good! Animations epic! Just need good director, and movie could be awesome!
Still wish Blizzard's Warcaft movie was shot in cgi style of WoW game cinematics instead of live-action...

As did a majority of Warcraft fans, but what they got was a weird mix of live-action and CG that just didn't mesh all too well. If they make the Overwatch movie, or as I'm hoping movies (I want to see Overwatch as a trilogy of movies, with the first chronicling the formation of Overwatch, the middle one showing snippets of Overwatch in its heyday and the trilogy being rounded out with the events of the fall of Overwatch; that way we get to have the lore built on more and we get to see what Overwatch was like at different points in its history before the start of the game), I think it would be best if they just stick with the animation style of the game, that way it would feel like it fits into the game world and they could keep all the talent they are using for the cinematic experience as well.

Personal I'd like to see a movie that's relent of the current point in the timeline
So new overwatch vs talon
We know Winston tracer rein and mei are joining new overwatch but the movie could show us other people joining and helping

That would be the best way to take it

BD out

First off, I noticed few grammatical errors in what you have written there. Secondly, that would be nice to see too.

Stitches have grammar errors. But me understandable?

We need a Junkrat origin movie. Or a whole trilogy. Or just nothing but Junkrat movies. I really like Junkrat.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8