Cool Group Bro.... Needs More Ponies 53 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

Yep. I've reached the point were I need help. I'm working on a short story that should have been finished weeks ago save for one problem...

I have no idea how to write a good date. So... help? I got how the date should end, but I need ideas for the first half of the date event. The latter is the meal portion, but an activity for the couple to go on...

Romance?

BONDING?

LOVE INTERESTS!?

*Insert exaggerated gasp here*

I have no idea how to do those in literature, either.:ajsleepy:

Depends on what the characters are in personality and their likes and dislikes, plus who is asking who out.

I agree with Ray. We need to know about the characters going on the date in order to help you.

4901619 Not gonna tell us about your characters so we can help?

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

4901744 4902250 4905263

Um, no... it's just me being dumb and forgetting I'm supposed to be replying to this... *grumbles* That's what happens when I'm caught between four stories...

Anyway! Our Hapless MC is a somewhat dense unicorn male, less than versed in the ways of dating (write what you know, eh?) and his better half is the victim datee... or whatever the term for the person being taken out is. The one he's taking out. Set about a month after the ponifying and their first date since then.

Said dude is the introvert of the pair. Not shy, mind you, but he's well known as the administrator of their circle of friends, the one people turn to when they want plans put in place and also the one more likely to stay home when he has nothing to do. His date is more a catalyst, the adventurous one who likes doing stuff and getting people out of their shells. She's also a pegasus, willing to try most things with friends and special friends, but taking the hooves hoof option and letting MC come up with something.

So yeah, awkward ideas are fine.

Hmm... Miniature golf would be good. It's low stakes, but competitive and is the kind of active thing she sounds like she would be in to. She would get him to be more competitive and, like you said, get him out of his shell, by talking smack to him and stuff.
I'm big on pony abilities being used in these kinds of stories and hate having characters not use these cool powers, so you could have a moment where he gets really frustrated and hits the ball really hard and it goes flying off somewhere so she flies off and gets his ball back (and depending on the tone of the story, you could have her get the ball from out of a water feature for a wet mane moment). And for him, you could have a moment where the score is close and depending on if you want him to win or not, he could use his magic to nudge his or her ball into the hole to get the win.

Separate question: You say that it's their first date since the ponifying. Does that mean they were dating before or is this their first date ever?

4905607 Probably having said Catalyst be doing what she does best, causing a mini adventure in the midst of his attempt at a date. XD

Seeking Dusk
Group Admin

4905690 4905893 Huh... I never considered Minigolf. It could actually be fun. Now... I just need to write it. And come up with some shenanigans. Ah... minigolf and gokarts? Those are often paired together.

And no, it's not their first date either. Just the first one he's planned.

4906046 how about introducing a pony inspired game as a date as well? I was thinking something akin to archery, but its buck archery, buck at a target and get the most point, of course, you decide what the rules could be, one leg only, two legs allowed, ball is stationary or has to be thrown, etc. But minigolf is a must, that just sounds fun. Maybe they are in a fair?

Earth Ponies, Unicorns, and Pegasi. These were the target transformations when the Great Spell was cast on North America. For the most part, every human in the region became one of these three.

But the Great Spell was cast with the heart of the land, by a teenage witch and a madman, based on a young girl's television show.

There are bound to be a few edge cases here and there...

Outliers

Basically a series of government reports on unusual situations caused by the magic.

I have a story in the group "Angela's money maker" that is purely for inspiring other writers to write about stuff in this universe. IF you need ideas, go read that.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12