Padded Ponies United 447 members · 991 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
SuperPinkBrony12
Group Admin

It's a new year, so what better way to celebrate than by looking back on the fics submitted to this group that were published or updated in 2016? After all, we had quite a bit of padded content, so why don't we see what the year had to offer and what people consider the best?

There are only a few rules for this list, and they're pretty simple:
1. Only one fic per author is allowed: This is so writers like scribe-feather and Wandering Pigeon don't completely dominate the list and everyone has a sporting chance.
2. The fic must've been published in 2016 or updated at least with a new chapter in 2016: This rule is self explanatory, if it didn't get published or updated in 2016, it doesn't count. To avoid confliction, I'm talking about when the fic was published on the site, not necessarily when the chapter was completed (the published on date counts).
3. Self promotion is allowed, but try to avoid placing any of your fics in the top spot: It's fine if you're proud of your works and have something you want to show off, but it would be nice if the number 1 pick could be a fic written by someone other than you.
4. Respect other peoples opinions: You're welcome to disagree if a fic you think should've been on the list didn't make it, or a fic you didn't think should be on the list appears, but please be respectful of other peoples opinions and don't insult them for their choices. Agree to disagree if you have to.
5. Provide a brief explanation for each of your picks: You don't need to give detailed sentences if you don't want to, but a few lines explaining why you chose what you did is fine. Just remember not to use those lines to attack other users or authors.
6. Fics of all ratings are welcome: Even padded clop fics or fics with NSFW material are allowed if you really like them, but in keeping with site rules no fics with NSFW material can be linked to. If you're not sure about something, play it safe and don't link to them.

And with those rules out of the way, we can begin. I'll start things off with my picks to give you all a basic idea of how this will work.

10. [C] Brief Encounter, by Scribe Feather: Scribe Feather has mostly been taking on commissions as of late, and I don't hate him for doing so, they always say if you're good at something to never do it for free. But for the most part, I found his padded works this year to be rather "Meh". I don't hate them, and I'm sure there are people out there who like them, but none of his works were really interesting to me. This one is different, it's a short little story but it has some good interactions. It's nice if you're looking for a quick little fix of padded content.
9. Rainbow's Foal Hypnosis, by Zubric: It's always nice to get a padded fic that adds something out of the norm, and that's exactly what this fic does with its inclusion of hypnosis to enduce mental regression. It's not anything grand or complex, but its simplicity coupled with the subtle changes in Rainbow's character, make for a good story that leaves you guessing.
8. Teaching Scootaloo A Lesson, by Matt11: Matt11's padded fics can be hit and miss, depending on how much you like his headcanons and his writing style. He does a good job with Scootaloo though, and while the set up is a bit rocky, the rest of the fic flows pretty well. There's some good interactions between Twilight and Scootaloo, and especially great interactions between Starlight and Scootaloo. While the ending is a bit on the typical side for padded fics, everything else about this fic is nice enough to make you overlook it.
7. Rarity's New Fragrance, by The Killer Legacy: The Padded Ponies collab may have been hit and miss at times, but it had some very interesting ideas and concepts, and I'm glad that one of the better ones got turned into its own short little fic. I've always said it's hard to write Rarity as willing padded, and I give major props to padded fics that can do that without making it feel unnatural. The bit towards the end might throw you off a bit, even if you're aware of the author's tastes, but otherwise it's a nice short padded fic with Rarity.
6. Mr. and Mrs. Cake's foalish adventure, by Rastlin Majere: There are never enough padded fics involving The Cakes, especially in regards to their children, so it's always nice when a fic like this comes along. There's some great interactions with Pinkie, Twilight, Fluttershy, and even Rarity, all of whom work well together in this story. And the true highlight is not only the contrast between Mrs. Cake's eagerness and Mr. Cake's reluctance to be a foal, but also their interactions as foals with the twins, and how they try to be more grown-up and mature, but ultimately end up joining in on the foalish fun. It just misses the top five, simply because I think everything that I'll place above it is just that much better, because I really love this fic.
5. Of Cornstarch and Cucumber, by WishyWish: Though a paid comission from what I can assume is a non padded author, this fic already holds your interest with the concept. The only other padded fic featuring Fancy Pants and Fleur to date is "Canterlot Diaper Club" which is basically a strip club but the strippers wear diapers. Here, while Fancy Pants and Fleur are only close friends, there's some good character interactions and a sense of discovery and emotion that make it so good.
4. Foal For A Day, by SuperPinkBrony12: Yes, I know this fic was originally published by Matt11, but he gave me permission to take over and I ended up rewriting it. I mentioned last time that it's hard to write Spoiled Rich in character, given what we've seen of her in the show so far. So I applaud both my proofreaders, especially deadpansnarker, for their help. Deadpan especially helped with Spoiled and Diamond, making chapters 2-6 even better than they already could've been.
3. After Hours Relaxation, by Wandering Pigeon: Wandering Pigeon is shaping up to be a great padded author, with many of his fics being top notch in interactions and characters. Of all his fics for 2016 though, this is the one that stood out the most to me, especially since it ends with the perfect set-up for a sequel. And that's always a good sign, you know you've done a good job if readers want to see more, there's supposedly saying that goes "Always leave the audience wanting more". Plus, after the events of "Newbie Dash" it was nice to see a fanfiction potrayal of Spitfire and The Wonderbolts to remind us that they could be good characters.
2. Starlight's Secret, by hawthornbunny: It's quite a surprise to see an AB fic with the everyone rating, but I think that just further helps this fic to stand out. While we see Starlight in diapers and sucking on a pacifier, the focus isn't on that but on the discovery that Twilight makes. As one commenter pointed out, this captures how a lot of AB/DLs would react if anyone ever found out about their interest. And it's nice to see that Starlight lent herself well to padded fics. Like with the entry directly below it, it leaves you wanting more, which is a sure sign that it's done something right.
1. Rainbow Dash and Twilight Go to The Spa, by The Conflicted Writer: Like Scribe Feather, The Conflicted Writer has mostly taken on comissions, though he hasn't pushed them out as frequently. What he lacks in quantity however, he more than makes up for in quality, and fics like this are living proof of it. A wonderful sequel to perhaps one of his best works, The Conflicted Writer really captures the characters well, provides excellent details, and even captures what it is that makes a lot of AB/DLs tick. They indulge more for the sake of wanting to feel young and cared for, a chance to return to a more care free time in their life. And with all those little details added to everything else, there was just no way this could be anything but number 1.

Having number 6 is good enough for me. Thanks!
Ill aim for number one this year

5716937 Glad to see you liked After Hours Relaxation so much. Now let me see if I can take a crack at a list like this.

10. Tending Twilight, by: Hodgepodge This is a padded fic in its infancy (pun intended). So far only two chapters have been posted for a story that seems to be shaping up for a cute exploration of Applejack discovering Twilight's fascination with ABDL. Right now this story doesn't have much with only the beginning chapters up at the moment, which is why it's at the bottom of my list, but I like what's there so far and hope to see more in 2017.

9. Twilight's Special Coronation, by Raistlin Majere Raistlin has been writing a lot this year. Like, a lot. And frankly, I'm ashamed to say that I haven't read most of his stories. Part of that is quite a few feature age regression, which just personally isn't my thing, but of the ones I have read I'd handily give the number nine spot to Twilight's Special Coronation. It's a cute, and has a little twist at the end that can bring your second reading of it into a whole new light, which is something I appreciate.

8. Rock A Bye Tavi, by BrandonH2017 Sweet Celestia has the wait for part two of this story been long. Over a year to be precise. In fact, a couple of weeks delay with the writing and this story wouldn't even have been eligible to be on my list, or anyone's for that matter. But luckily it got published around the middle of December, bringing to a close the story of Vinyl helping Octavia relax via a combination of diapers and hypnosis. The writing for this story is pretty good, but it has a rather abrupt ending that almost makes the story feel incomplete (for me, at least) so I give it the number eight slot.

7. Backstage, by Wandering Pigeon Yeah, I feel a little tacky putting one of my own fics on my top ten list, but I really liked this one. Of all the fics I've managed to write in 2016 (and holy crap, just looking through my story list that is a lot) this one has to be my favorite. It's little more than a brief, fluffy scene between Rara and Applejack, but it's adorable in it's own right. Short, simple, and to the point.

6. All Dolled Up, by Zubric This fic is one I really like. Machines foalifying a pony is a trope that I quite like and really need to get around to writing about myself. The first chapter of this fic uses that trope to turn Rainbow Dash into a helpless foal doll, which is equal parts cute and funny. The second chapter has Rainbow actually playing the part of a doll for a little filly, taking the cuteness and humor to a whole new level. There's a few things I'm not the biggest fan of, such as the father character being rather unlikeable for putting Rainbow into that situation in the first place, but none of it ruins the story for me. Overall, a worthwhile and enjoyable read.

5. Take Two, by scribe-feather While this fic is just a simple story of Chrysalis' revenge, I had legitimate fun reading it. While the short length may have the story feel a bit like it juts to a stop or is building itself up for a potential sequel, it still manages to have its own complete narrative of Chrysalis taking over the Crystal Empire. Plus, it gets bonus points for using characters that you don't find in too many diaper fics.

4. Lessons On How To Be A Mother, by GlitchyProductions There are very, very few EQG diaper fics on this site, at least that I've seen. Of them, Gilitchy's Lessons On How To Be A Mother is hands down my favorite. If you suspend your disbelief to accept that a school would have half a class full of students wear diapers, then this story has got you covered with great character interactions and fun moments. Sadly, only two chapters for it were posted in 2016, both in January, so the story has been on hiatus for a while, but I would love to see it continued, if for nothing else than to see where the plot is going to go.

3. Blackmail's For Babies, by livingbylies In this fic, Twilight is blackmailed into wearing diapers to school, and livingbylies uses this opportunity to write some interesting antagonists. While they seem like bratty rich kids early on, as the story progresses through bite-sized chapters, they get some character development and have some great interactions in between mercilessly teasing Twilight. Certainly a good and quick read.

2. Starlight's Secret, by hawthornebunny Adorable accurately sums up this fic. It's strongest point is it's downright cute portrayal of Starlight and Twilight's relationship and how the dynamic changes when Starlight's affinity for ABDL is discovered. The fic doesn't do much to go beyond that, but the execution of what it has is good enough for it to stand as its own fic.

1. Rainbow Dash and Twilight Go To The Spa, by The Conflicted Writer This writer may be conflicted, but he's still good. He recaptures to magic of this fic's prequel easily, and gives an adorable story of Rainbow learning to like diapers. While that concept is a little old at this point, this is a pretty fresh spin that ultimately comes together in a story that I love. I don't think my number 1 this year could have been anything else.

And that's about it for my top ten, but I do want to leave some honorable mentions (we can do that, yes?)

HM 1: scribe-feather's A Brief Encounter: Cute, and features a character pairing I would have never thought of. I honestly want more diaper fics to explore previously unused character groupings now thank's to this fic. It couldn't make my list because of Take Two, but I like it nonetheless.

HM 2: The Killer Legacy's Rarity's New Fragrance: Some of the dialogue in this fic is a tad wooden and isn't really what I would expect characters to say in the situation presented, but regardless tells a nice little 'coming out' story, and having Rarity wearing diapers never hurts.

HM 3: star_shade's Why you just don’t mess with Dark Magic: While it desperately needs a conclusion at the moment, as this fic currently stands as a cute little tale of Twilight going against Celestia's wishes and triggering a spell that has her stuck in diapers. It's quite enjoyable so far and if it had wrapped up this year I probably would've put it in my top ten.

And that's all from me. Really looking forward to seeing everyone's top tens and I can't wait to see what 2017 has in store.

5717313 Nice write up, thanks! It's much appreciated. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5