Pony Fusions 262 members · 184 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23

Twilight Sparkle, Purple-Princess-of-Friendship, wanted to be able to get closer to every pony she meats, & LikeWise for all the other ponies, she allso wanted to keep a little part of every pony she has encounter.

So, Twilight Sparkle, Purple-Princess-of-Friendship, makes a new spell, and casts.
At fist nothing seemed to have happened, but then, Pinkie Pie, Pink-Party-Pony-of-PonyVille, jumped-hug Twilight Sparkle, Purple-Princess-of-Friendship, when they collide a blinding pink & purple light came where they are, when it dimmed, they were fused.
A "hour" later, (they had remained in the Castle) they un-fused, but.. there colored had changed, now Twilight Sparkle was the Pink-Princess-of-Friendship, and Pinkie Pie was the Purple-Party-Pony-of-PonyVille. They want out of the Castle, and fond-out that every time that 2 ponies touch they would fuse for an hour, then un-fuse, But have the other pony, color, race, age, or gender.

Now AppleJack, is a pegasus, & RainbowDash is a earth-pony, Mr. CarrotCake is a mare, & Mrs CupCakes is a Stallion, and ....
Or what ever you want 2 do with that idea

If the effect was really as random as you make it sound, the story would turn either Dark or Sad in a hurry, full of ponies who are too afraid of stepping out in the morning and returning completely different in the afternoon. Especially so considering ponies with tribe-dependant jobs, such as weather ponies and produce growers.

5010305 A... :ajsleepy: :applecry: Ya...

How about they can pick which one they have
OR
That gets undone in a hour form when they un-fused
OR
we jest get ride of that part

p.s. What do you think of 1, 5 and 7
Nic's Story-Idea

I believe that "loce brings us closer" is a better idea altogether.

loce brings us closer

What do you mean ?

Is it a story ?

Love brings us closer. Stupod cellphone.

One of the other story ideas published inside this brainstorm.

Oh... This one ? Love brings us closer

p.s. What shod we change in this one ?

I believe that removing the random switching would remove the horror element from this story. And also clearly defining that the fusion limit is 2. Some businesses could even adapt, like the spa twins needing to fuse with each other so they don't fuse with their customers, or requiring customers to be fused before stepping on the massage table. The Crusaders would likely keep trying to triple fuse. And Pinkie would likely try to spend her every waking moment sharing herself with random ponies.

I believe that removing the random switching would remove the horror element from this story.

K, done/gone.

And also clearly defining that the fusion limit is 2.

how about 2 to 3 ..., But has 2 be done at the same time ?

Some businesses could even adapt, like the spa twins needing to fuse with each other so they don't fuse with their customers,

MHM.. that would be a good part for the story

or requiring customers to be fused before stepping on the massage table.

And they code do 2 customers at the same time !
Others businesses cold have them fuse to get on a ride

The Crusaders would likely keep trying to triple fuse.

To get there C.M. ?

And Pinkie would likely try to spend her every waking moment sharing herself with random ponies.

Untill she fuses with a introvert
p.s.

sharing herself with random ponies

:twilightblush: :rainbowkiss: that sonds bad. :raritywink:

P.S. What about FluterShy and her animal friends ?

how about 2 to 3 ..., But has 2 be done at the same time ?

Or, probably, ponies don't fuse instantaneously, but they flow together over a couple seconds. It could be that any number of ponies could theoretically merge together in that moment, but can't keep merging once they have solidified again. And perhaps some other rules, like separation giving a refractive period (during which ponies won't merge at all), or merging only being possible within your own weight range or age range, thus making it possible for parents to not merge with their own underage children, or even obese Mrs Cake being unable to merge with rail-thin Mr Cake. A rule about minimal contact required could be nice as well, such as manes, tails and feather tips not counting, and thick clothing acting as insulation: Rarity would likely make a killing here!

Something else to consider could be duration of the overall spell (such as it lasting weeks or months, or Castle Friendship somehow coming to sustain it indefinitely), or geographical limitations (such as the spell possibly irradiating some ten, twenty miles from the Castle). This last conjecture could have interesting touristic connotations: train conductors could announce that they are about to cross the line, and passengers could choose whether they want to merge with somebody or wish to remain separate; long term, I imagine the town would need to build hotels just to handle the influx of tourists, whom I guess would be mostly couples.

P.S. What about FluterShy and her animal friends ?

If Twilight rediscovered the spell, this spell could possibly be the origin of mixed animals, such as cockratices, manticores, chimeras and gryphons. I just hope that Fluttershy doesn't merge (or worse: get stuck) with Angel.

Or, probably, ponies don't fuse instantaneously, but they flow together over a couple seconds. It could be that any number of ponies could theoretically merge together in that moment, but can't keep merging once they have solidified again.

Deal ! :pinkiehappy:

And perhaps some other rules, like separation giving a refractive period (during which ponies won't merge at all),

Let's give them... 5 minutes ?

or merging only being possible within your own weight range or age range, thus making it possible for parents to not merge with their own underage children, or even obese Mrs Cake being unable to merge with rail-thin Mr Cake.

I don't like the weight limit, and what would be the age limit, 5 years ?

A rule about minimal contact required could be nice as well, such as manes, tails and feather tips not counting, and thick clothing acting as insulation: Rarity would likely make a killing here!

What about if the body part that has 2 be in contact with the other pony is the unicorn's horn, the Pegasus's wing, the earth-pony's hoove, ...
the unicorn's horn would have to be in contact with the Pegasus's wing to fuse ...
the earth-pony's hoove would have to be in contact with the unicorn's horn to fuse ...
the Pegasus's wing would have to be in contact with the earth-pony's hoove to fuse ...
you know what I mean ?
p.s. Rarity's thick-clothing that to.

Something else to consider could be duration of the overall spell (such as it lasting weeks or months, or Castle Friendship somehow coming to sustain it indefinitely), or geographical limitations (such as the spell possibly irradiating some ten, twenty miles from the Castle).

YA ! and the could make a line on the ground to show where the spell will stop.

This last conjecture could have interesting touristic connotations: train conductors could announce that they are about to cross the line, and passengers could choose whether they want to merge with somebody or wish to remain separate; long term, I imagine the town would need to build hotels just to handle the influx of tourists, whom I guess would be mostly couples.

And ones that are like my 8th story-Idea !

If Twilight rediscovered the spell, this spell could possibly be the origin of mixed animals, such as cockratices, manticores, chimeras and gryphons.

:pinkiegasp: Do it !

I just hope that Fluttershy doesn't merge (or worse: get stuck) with Angel.

Why not ?

5012518 5011405
p.s. What about the the spa twins and the other businesses ?
and Pinkie Pie ?

For storymaking purposes, I believe a symmetric refractory period would be better. If so, working ponies would likely experiment on how to prolong the merging period just so the refractory period would be symmetrically longer. I imagine the spa twins merging, donning an anti-sepatation pajamas and going to bed; thus gaining a refractory period of most of their business hours.

I would envision the age limit to be like a quarter of age, expressed as an eighth up and an eighth down. Babies could only merge with others born within months of themselves; the Crusaders could have a couple years leeway; Pinkie would probably be able to merge with the Mane 6 but possibly not with Maud; Cherrilee and Filthy Rich could have a decade leeway; Granny Smith would have a half-century (provided that she's apparently around 200).

As to specific body parts, that would have a significant drama-killing effect. That way, most mergers would necessarily be deliberate, thus leaving almost no avenue for accidental merging. Better any contact involving fur or hooves.

Sorry, but I'm not doing anything beyond helping on this mindstorm.

And I would not want to see Angel Bunny in control of a full sized, winged body. He's evil enough already.

For storymaking purposes, I believe a symmetric refractory period would be better. If so, working ponies would likely experiment on how to prolong the merging period just so the refractory period would be symmetrically longer. I imagine the spa twins merging, donning an anti-sepatation pajamas and going to bed; thus gaining a refractory period of most of their business hours.

In other words, if they were fused for 1 hour, they can't fuse for the next hour, fused for 5 minute = can't fuse for 5 minute, ....
p.s. anti-sepatation !? What is anti-sepatation ?

I would envision the age limit to be like a quarter of age, expressed as an eighth up and an eighth down. Babies could only merge with others born within months of themselves; the Crusaders could have a couple years leeway; Pinkie would probably be able to merge with the Mane 6 but possibly not with Maud; Cherrilee and Filthy Rich could have a decade leeway; Granny Smith would have a half-century (provided that she's apparently around 200).

... ok..

As to specific body parts, that would have a significant drama-killing effect. That way, most mergers would necessarily be deliberate, thus leaving almost no avenue for accidental merging. Better any contact involving fur or hooves.

But what if 2 unicorn hug and there horns touch, and ...
What about the C.M. touching ?

Sorry, but I'm not doing anything beyond helping on this mindstorm.

it's for the one who does it

And I would not want to see Angel Bunny in control of a full sized, winged body. He's evil enough already.

But maybe the fuse will make him nice

Anti-separation.
Stupid phone. I can barely read what I'm typing.

I'd say "any skin contact" because it would allow more avenues for storytelling: the initial panic could be far more widespread if the very act of stampeding made even more ponies bump onto each others and merge; workers wouldn't randomly merge if precautions weren't taken; comic relief would be significantly lessened if Derpy couldn't accidentally merge at least daily; and Rarity would not attract business if merging could be avoided with such easy precautions.

Angel Bunny would easily overpower a doormat like Fluttershy.

Anti-separation.

A, and the time ?

I'd say "any skin contact" because it would allow more avenues for storytelling: the initial panic could be far more widespread if the very act of stampeding made even more ponies bump onto each others and merge; workers wouldn't randomly merge if precautions weren't taken; comic relief would be significantly lessened if Derpy couldn't accidentally merge at least daily; and Rarity would not attract business if merging could be avoided with such easy precautions.

ok, but let's make it any cloth not jest thick clothing, so that the can stell do there jobs

Angel Bunny would easily overpower a doormat like Fluttershy.

But her heart

Symmetrical time?

I'd say thicker clothing for two reasons:
A. Ponies would not get away with donning bedsheets. I wish to imagine most mares donning whatever dresses they may have plus hats and boots, galoshes or whatever may be handy. How about the flower sisters wearing gunnysacks because that's the only thing they had other than winter jackets? Or how about some mare discovering that her sundress is only good if the other pony is wearing something as well? I would also want to see pegasai flocking to Rarity's just seeking wing-covering cloaks.
B. In the episode about Mare Do Well, the construction ponies were wearing hard hats and overalls. Protective clothing does exist in canon.

I'm quite jaded about characters like Angel Bunny being redeemed. I'm more used to the concept of them being reincarnations of eldritch abominations, going through a life as the opposite end of the food chain.

Symmetrical time?

Ya, or what did you have in mind ?

I'd say thicker clothing for two reasons:
A. Ponies would not get away with donning bedsheets. I wish to imagine most mares donning whatever dresses they may have plus hats and boots, galoshes or whatever may be handy. How about the flower sisters wearing gunnysacks because that's the only thing they had other than winter jackets? Or how about some mare discovering that her sundress is only good if the other pony is wearing something as well? I would also want to see pegasai flocking to Rarity's just seeking wing-covering cloaks.
B. In the episode about Mare Do Well, the construction ponies were wearing hard hats and overalls. Protective clothing does exist in canon.

Ok, ok. but thicker clothing if the other pony has nothing, any if both have cloths on.

I'm quite jaded about characters like Angel Bunny being redeemed. I'm more used to the concept of them being reincarnations of eldritch abominations, going through a life as the opposite end of the food chain.

L:rainbowlaugh:L That would be funny !

I would imagine some predictable rule comparing time spent merged versus the following refractory period. I guess that time would either be symmetrical (1 to 1) or comparative (1 to X), and would have something of a margin of error. Would depend on the author, really. Going further, refractory time could possibly have an upper limit, so it won't last longer than... 8 or 10 hours, regardless of how long the involved ponies were merged.

Addressing another issue: what would constitute anti-separating clothing? An overall? A bridle? A magic-charged gemstone worn as jewelry? Just a regular gemstone?

I'll say (1 to 1),
And, the number of seconds that you were touching some-pony, the number of minutes/hours you will be fused

cloth between the point of contact
Maybe T.S. would find/make gem that can stop you form fusing

And, the number of seconds that you were touching some-pony, the number of minutes/hours you will be fused

I don't think that would work: we are assuming that ponies can't separate at all after the initial contact. Better something about initial pressure, so a light caress gets you a few minutes, and a head-on collision gets you several hours.

Maybe T.S. would find/make gem that can stop you form fusing

... but the anti-separation charm became an early development.

5015823 How about a mix of both !?

What do you mean ? Of what ?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23