Foalmance 1,225 members · 375 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

Well, a milestone has been reached, there are now over 500 members in this group.

So, anyone have any ideas on how to celebrate? :trixieshiftright:

Flutterpony must write a hot little celebration fic again. The last one that he had written for the first Foalcon group is pure gold. :scootangel:

5007205 ooooh a Foalcon contest!!! How AWESOME

I wasn't talking about a contest. Just Flutterpony writing a fic for the occasion. He's good at that.
Although, a contest would be nice too. I even have an idea. :scootangel:

Flutterpony
Group Admin

I have to face the fact that, despite my best efforts, I'm in a rut with writing. It's been hard to concentrate in-between life and my usual distractions, so I'm afraid I can't commit to writing anything big, especially while I'm still not finished with the latest chapter of Fallen Angels.

I wouldn't mind judging a contest with another admin or experienced writer. I'd judge it alone, even, if necessary.

Rather than a contest, though, I'd prefer to start a special event following a pattern similar to the Write Club group's format. Participants would be rewarded with their fic being promoted in a new event folder and my usual blog and Promotion Bureau ads. For an idea of what I'm talking about, check out Write Club. We could modify the rules however we like, maybe by posting pictures as prompts and/or allowing participants to influence what they're prompted to write.

I'm all for interesting, new writing challenges, but the problem with that idea is that the rules say you have to write absolutely everything that you get served. I already know that I won't be up for that and with how different fetishes are, many people won't.
For example, someone with a rape and gore fetish could prompt me to write one of those disgusting fics in which Applebloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle get brutally raped and injured and then killed afterwards, which is something I would refuse to write by principle and gladly break the rule of the event, because I'm not hurting my fillies who I love so much.
That rule would need to be altered heavily for the event to work, but at the same time, doing that begs the question how it would still be the Write Club event then, as this rule is pretty major for that type of writing challenge.
It would be better to completely derive our own type of event.

5007704 I know that feeling. I hope it comes back to you soon. I think I'm in the same predicament but I'm not ready to accept it . Lol. Keep us informed!

Flutterpony
Group Admin

5007881 I agree that we would do well to modify the rules to some extent. I didn't mean to say that we should be quite so hardcore. I favor the idea of allowing participants to influence what they're prompted to write, as I mentioned, such as by providing a list of things they won't write or something like that.

Flutterpony
Group Admin

5007944 Best of luck to you as well! I hope you don't have to face it like I'm trying to. :raritydespair:

5007968 ugh it sucks.but you are busy with a baby, I don't have that kind if distraction. I hope it passes for you soon my friend

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10