Foalmance 1,225 members · 375 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Flutterpony
Group Admin

Really great episode!
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3exiwi_my-little-pony-hd-season-5-episode-24-the-mane-attraction-s05e24-full-1080p_shortfilms

source
It was great to see co-ed scout camp. That gives a lot of opportunity for all kinds of foal romance fics, I'd say.
Also, some new background characters.

So far, all show-canon scouts are conspicuously earth ponies.

4871901 Given how many unicorns see Ponyville and how Rarity reacts to dirt, and the whole earth ponies are more in tune with all things nature as they don't have access to the skies as easily as pegasi do, I think it's probably just that back then there were still more bias and likely a much smaller town than it is now. Not to mention Ponyville is an EARTH PONY village and still do lots of things the Earth Pony way.

Take your earth ponies to Camp Friendship, take your pegasi to Flight Camp, and take your unicorns to... magic school? @.o

Unicorns probably didn't really start showing up down there till much later in AJ's life possibly. Those who were probably just didn't have foals yet? Heck, Lyra moved from Canterlot to Ponyville because of Twilight possibly. Town is still super young, Rich was likely still a young stallion just getting into the ropes of the whole business thing. Who knows. Lots of good stories to tell in any event.

Nothing racist between the three tribes, just a natural affinity towards sticking with traditions I guess. Okay, maybe would be nice to see a story of somepony like Rumble wanting to go to Camp Friendship but it mostly being a place for earth ponies to learn earth pony things which could suck because his crush is going there and they made it sound so awesome he had Thunder Lane try and sign him up. Cue earth pony Rumble or something trying to blend in and learning first-hoof just how out of place he is. Only to be rewarded here and there or fall victim to the camp's mare leader, or cliche stallion leader, or however you wanna spin it.

That filly reading the comic is by far the cutest. Though I can't help but think that quad-tail maned filly is a reference to something...

4871901 Just noticed that colt in the last picture on the far left has an ice cream pop cutie mark. How do you get a cutie mark in that? Is he good at picking out the winning sticks? xD And it's that multi-flavored popsicle... *tries to erase a certain memory of a cookie cutie mark story* Well, if it's anything like THAT last scout's peculiar talents, dude is gonna be a pretty popular stallion.

Flutterpony
Group Admin

4871978 I was thinking something similar about tradition. In the comics, the CMC go on a scouting trip with Fluttershy, so, at least in the comics, it seems the traditions have bled across tribes by the time the series starts.

I'm a sucker for bangs on a filly, personally, and I like cream and purple, so the other two are my favorites, but the comic book filly comes in a close third.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4