Foalmance 1,228 members · 375 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
Flutterpony
Group Admin

You'll have noticed by now, maybe, that I've cut out a few of what I considered the less useful or less-relevant folders in the transition between groups, namely the following...

- Adventure
Seemed irrelevant and less frequently used

- Clop
The clop folder was already closed and pending assimilation and removal for the fact that you can see M and Sex tags easily in added stories, easily hide M-tagged stories, and almost every story used to include clop.

- Romance
The Romance folder in the original Foalcon group seemed as redundant to me as the former clop folder, since most foalcon is semi-romantic or purely romantic. The A x B folders already all imply romance, sex, or both, and I know that the Romance folder wasn't actually used in the original group for most fics that should have been placed in it (i.e., the majority).

Y'all's thoughts about these changes are welcome and invited here.

Also, for a while, there was talk of creating more sub-folders in the Foal x Adult folder. I avoided it because it would mean a lot of re-sorting, but it still seems like it'd be worth the trouble to maybe add...
- Foal x Mare
- Foal x Stallion

There are a lot of possibilities, though I'd like to avoid too many added categories to keep it simple. I'll almost definitely be making a Foal x Foal folder in which to place the 3 gender combinations that already exist in order to cut down on clutter a little more.

What folders or sub-folders do you think would be the most useful that I might have missed, and do you think any more need to be assimilated and removed?

I would be for the Foal x Mare and Foal x Stallion folders seeing as I am not looking for Foal x human it would save me time searching.

Sorting can be messy though I mean do you sort by over all theme or do you sort by all themes?

Doing all means a story is in many folders doing over all means it is in one folder may save time may mean more searching I don't know I can only give a single person view on the subject of sorting.

I do feel a Foal x Mare and a Foal x Stallion set of folders would really help. I suffer from the same issue as DreadWolf of trying to find some Foal x Adult without humans involved.

Hey don't judge me! Four legs are better than two! :ajsmug:

Anyway I'll try help sort those out too so its not all on you at least to deal with it if you choose to make those folders.

As for your other choices they all make sense! We don't need to track whats adventure since that's in the main tags of each fic anyway and we focus on the romance, not the adventure side anyway.

Flutterpony
Group Admin

At the very least, I could make a temporary "Foal x Other Adult" folder until Mare and Stallion can be separated so you don't have to sift through the combined contents. I'll do that in a little while.

knighty needs to get off his butt and allow the same filters that are available for search results to be applied to group folders.

So you could just go to a folder and filter out stories tagged "Human".

That is the best solution for everyone long term but I doubt they will get around to that.

That works too. I will help you move a lot of it over when you make it. If we all pitch in it will be done in no time! :pinkiehappy:

Flutterpony
Group Admin

4609662 Allow me to handle the adult stories change. It should be simple with the admin controls.

4609603 I can live with a Foal x Adult folder. I don't mean to come off as pushy it's not a big deal just would be easier for me seeing as there is a lot of x Human out there.

Flutterpony
Group Admin

4609733 The non-human foal x adult stories are all now separated into their own folder (minus those with adult Luna or Celestia). It was a simple move.

4609764 Grand sorry for the added work though.

Flutterpony
Group Admin

4609880 I had been considering that change for a long time anyway. It worked out well.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11