Write my fic for me 152 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

I don't have a lot of ideas to write a story, so I'd like to hear some suggestions. But first, I want to clarify that I don't do clop fics. Just want to point that out. Any other idea would be fine.

4920542 I had this idea about a group of foalhood friends with different pasts and interests who move into Ponyville and have themselves one crazy and random adventure with the mane 6. How does that sound?

Okay, let me be very helpful then. I have an entire list of my ideas, roughly 30-40 or so,
too many to ever be able to write them all myself, and the list just keeps growing... :pinkiecrazy:

So if you tell me more specifically what you want, I could probably let you have one of them..

I mean, do you want comedy, sad, action, childfriendly or mature, (as in, violence and such), and who do you want to write about?

whole group, or just one or two specific ponies? Mane 6 or backgrounds?

Futuristic or not?

Give me some basic guidelines, and I'll see if I can throw an idea or two at you. :twilightsmile:

4920572 How about something that doesn't involve: dark, adventure, alternate universe, tragedy? (Reason being that I've already written these types of stories)

4920583 so, a comedy then? Something silly and light-hearted, or maybe something romantic?

I love romance stories, especially if it involves Big mac, Fluttershy or both.

Here's a few I've been thinking of:

One day one of the Mane 6 disappears. Everypony remembers her and things she did and said, but her house is vacant or flat out gone, there's no written records or photos of her, any lasting physical impact she made on her environment is simply gone.

One of the 'alternate futures' from the finale, but where someone completely unexpected is in charge (CMC, Steven Magnet, Maud, etc.)

Seinfeld in Equestria. Kramer buys a weird thing from a yard sale and the gang accidentally gets portaled off to pony land.

Twilight sees a strange blue pony sneaking about town collecting what seems to be garbage. The mare insists that the apocalypse has happened, everything is irradiated in magical fallout, and everything she gathers is valuable. Comically, she refuses to change this view despite Twilight showing her evidence after evidence that everything is fine. (Her efforts are not helped by Pinkie agreeing to accept bottle caps as payment for cupcakes).

Discord accidentally "discords" himself and becomes somewhat like the bureaucratic Pixies from Fairly Odd Parents. The rest have to work to try and restore him to his whimsical self.

Discord and Pinkie accidentally switch bodies. Despite Discords best efforts to prove it, nopony really believes him.

Most of these are one-shots, but a few could span a nice few chapters.

4920611 I was thinking on the lines of slice of life, but romance could be a thing. Though, I'm not sure how to write a proper romance.

Well, perhaps a slice-of-life with just some light implications of romance? just hinting at it, but never go into any actual detail
or confirmation, just keep it as a vague possibility.

For example, you could write a slice-of-life about Bonbon and Lyra, and throughout you can give minor hints that they MIGHT
be more than room-mates, but never actually show any dates, no kissing, no "i love you" and such.

Or just skip that part entirely and do a pure slice-of-life about them sharing a home,
and the ups and downs of doing so. (Ups could include always having a friend near, Downs could include lack of personal space,
so it's two sides of the same coin, so to speak).

Or, the same concept, but Vinyl and Octavia.

Or a day in the lifes of the Apple Family.

I realize of course, there are hundreds of these stories, but then again... by now, there is (almost) NO completely original works,
everything has been done, so now all we can do is make our personal versions of each concept.

Well if you want to do Slice-of-life, I had an idea I'll probably never get around to writing. I'm basing it off of the futurama quote: "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." The focuses on Big Mac and his contribution while AJ is out saving Equestria.

My idea was that AJ would be complaining about something on the farm and that Big Mac would end up fixing it while she was gone. When AJ came back she would be telling all her stories, without noticing that the object was fixed. Ending with Big Mac content seeing his sister entertain the family with her stories and not a worry in the world.

However, that's my take. You can spin the prompt however you like.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10