Write my fic for me 152 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 31 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 31

I've seen many ships in my days. One idea I had recently, is an interesting one. Imagine if you will, the hat of Applejack being shipped with Trixie's hat. Weirder things have happened.

This idea can be real funny if you go through with it. If you can make this idea serious, then I'd like to see it.
Could you make this work?

Malozi
Group Admin

I'm tempted. Would this be a oneshot?

4873207 If you want. A ship fic like this can't possibly be a novel-sized fic, I imagine.

Malozi
Group Admin

I'll most likely work on it, don't expect cover art though, unfortunately, I can write but I can't really secure cover art.

Malozi
Group Admin

Also, I'm really bad at coming up with titles, would you like the honors of doing so, or should I scratch my head endlessly for one myself?

4873246 When I thought of this idea, "Hats Off" came to mind.
As for the cover, I imagine it'd be easy to Photoshop the two hats sitting next to each other. If you don't have the skill for it, you could ask around. I have a feeling that someone would do the cover for you.

Ok, yeah, that's pretty great. I'd read it.

Malozi
Group Admin

I have neither the skill nor the program photoshop to do so. I'll have to ask around or if you can find someone before I do then that'd be great, as well.

Depending on how good the picture needs to be, I could perhaps be of service for the cover art, when / if someone actually writes this story.

To clearify - I do NOT do Photoshop, I draw digitally, so it would be a drawn picture, not a shopping.

If you're interested, I'm at the very least willing to discuss the subject, and I'll also provide some examples of stuff I've drawn
as a reference, so you can decide if you want me or not.

I've done some cover-arts for other stories before, so I DO have cover-experience.

:raritywink:

Malozi
Group Admin

Yeah, I'm totally doing this story now and getting off my ass to do it.
You uh... still willing to do that cover art for this story?

4931278 Well, I'm a bit booked up at the moment, but...

3 options.

1 - I can do a "quick job", meaning I spend maybe an hour or so - basic details, not much background, just a simple pic
of both hats next to each other, and maybe a small heart inbetween.

2 - You can write the story now, but the cover comes sometime around mid-january, when I have more time.
If you choose THIS option, I can make a more elaborate picture - better details, an actual background setting, etc.

3 - I can make a "quick job" NOW, as a temporary cover, AND make the better version later, and you can just update to the new cover when it's done.

Malozi
Group Admin

Option three sounds the best.

As for references...

A "quick job" would be somewhere along THIS level:

While a more serious project would be along THIS level:

Okay, in that case I can have the hats done within 24 hours.

You see, I live in Sweden, and it's 02.45 in the morning here, so I'm going to bed soon :twilightsmile:

However, I can have the drawing made during the day, and send it to you.

If I do this, all I ask is a mention in the credits as cover artist ^^

Also, if you want TEXT (the title) on the picture, I'll need the exact words, and I'll need to know if you want it in any specific font, size, color,
or location in the picture.

Malozi
Group Admin

Awesome. I shall begin writing as soon as possible. Just need to focus on finishing chapter 4 of "Wrath of the Harbinger."

Like I said - I need some info first, and then I can work on this. :)

Like if you want the title on the picture or not.

Malozi
Group Admin

Title on the picture, both hats next to each other, with a small heart in between. Everything else is up to your imagination.

So I get complete freedom in terms of fonts, colors, which hat on which side, and everything?
Sounds good to me, I'll see what I can do, and within 24 hours I'll have a cover for you. :raritywink:

And then we can discuss further and make a better version later, sometimes around mid-january or early february,
when I'm done with other requests I'm working on.

Also, I followed you, and some day I will read your stories. Including hat-ship. :twilightsmile:

Malozi
Group Admin

Thank you very much.

One last thing before I leave - the title.

Are you going with "Hats Off", as suggested earlier in this thread, or do you have some other title in mind?

Malozi
Group Admin

Yes, "Hats Off" sounds really good.

4931500 Very well, that's all for now, then.

Now I have everything I need, so I'll make it during the day today.

Now if you'll excuse me, the clock is past 3 in the morning, I have insomnia, and I need to get up in 7 hours :pinkiecrazy:

Malozi
Group Admin

You do that.

Got it done, Here ya go. If you want, I can also add a "Written by Malozi" and "Cover by TP Night" along the bottom,
or you can just take it like it is.

If / when you use this, I just want my name included in the credits, something short and simple like "Cover art by: TP Night",
or something like that, okay? Also, I want a link to it when it's written, so I can read it. :twilightsmile:

And my offer remains for a more detailed cover later, if you want one. (including shading / highlights, background, better-drawn heart,
multicolored title, or basically whatever else you might want).

Plus, if you ever need other cover art for some story, feel free to ask. I won't promise anything since I do get other requests too,
but you can always ask. If I DO have time, I'll probably be willing to do it as long as it's within my skill-level. :raritywink:

4931478 Do you think I could get a credit in the description?

Malozi
Group Admin

4935837 that was the plan.

4936382 So basically...

Malozi as writer, Banana Prince as original concept / idea, and me as cover art. Perfect :P

Malozi
Group Admin

Alright you two, the story is done, just needs to be approved.

4956140 looking forward to see the results. :twilightsmile:

Malozi
Group Admin

And the story is up. Comment on it if it pleases you.

4957327 Added to read-later-list for now, gonna get to it later today or tomorrow when I have some spare time. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 31