I HATE Starlight Glimmer 143 members · 54 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

The Mane 6 and Starlight revisit her old village where a group of ponies refuse to forgive Starlight and want nothing to do with her (though some might constantly harass her for what she did). The Mane 6 try to get them to forgive Starlight and when the ponies ask why should they, the Mane 6 have no better responses than "She's good now and is our friend now." Eventually, Starlight tells them to stop, saying that the ponies have every right not to forgive her and that even though the Mane 6 have forgiven her, she's still done awful things that she'll have to live with the rest of her life.

I have a better idea. Instead of just not wanting to speak with Starlight ponies swiftly assemble into lynch mob.

It’s a good idea but the show will never let Starlight face the consequences of her actions.

And I doubt G5 will ever mention her

good, the less we see of her the better

The only thing I object to in this senario is that Starlight is the one to realise she shouldn't be forgiven. That's been the dumbest recurring trend in the show (which I'll henchforth call "The Starlight Ball") where other characters start behaving like idiots, leaving Starlight to play straight man by pointing out the flaws in other people.

Village: "We don't like you, Starlight!"
Mane 6: "How dare you not like Starlight! She's a great friend and a wonderfull person!"
SG: "It's okej, Mane 6. You know you can't force someone to like you."
Probably Twilight: "I guess you're right, Starlight. God, you're so wise! Let me suck your dick!"

It's really annoying and only serves to portray her as the purehearted, selfsacrificing, morally superior character. *barf!*

How would you do it, because I was trying to do it in a way I thought the show would

I'd have another character go "Well, you can't really blame them for not wanting to forgive you after what you did to them." I guess that would start up grief in the group, they split into two and starts to argue for a bit. Accusations of not really being Starlight's friend vs forcing forgiveness gets thrown around, yada-yada.

Starlight sees the discourse she's caused and run away to cry. [Character] goes to her and basically tells her that she isn't owed forgiveness nomatter how good she's become and while she may get second chances, first impressions are forever and it's completely their choice to forgive her or not. (Bonus points if the character also points out that Starlight has had (more than) a few slip ups whilst being good. But that's wishful thinking...)

Then they go back to the arguing groups (which now has the whole village joined in) and Starlight breaks it up by apologising to the villagers for what she did and for assuming everything was water under the bridge and then starts to leave. Mane 6 run after and talk for a bit and make up with eachother. Some villagers run after and says they forgive her but they understand why the others won't and that's okej. Starlight says she understands and vows to keep working on being better and not make them regret forgiving her.

*Credits*

As for who that character would be, that's up for debate. I could se RD, AJ or even Rarity from the Mane 6, but it could also be Trixie, Sunburst, Maud or one of the villagers like DD. Infact, I like the thought of DD the more I think about it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8