I HATE Starlight Glimmer 143 members · 54 stories
Comments ( 78 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 78

She's the exact same as every other reformed villain

There's a big difference between a villian and a character who do wrong things. You can not reform a villian because a villian will disappear the same second you do that. A villian is disigned to be bad and be an ebemy for protagonist and nothing else. That's why any attempts to "reform" MLP villians failed. "Reformed" Discord has no adequate role Diamond Tiara doen't exist as a character anymore changellings too.

Nightmare Moon is a villian Nyx is a character.

Then what's different about Starlight? She's written by the exact same writers that made Twilight into an alicorn

1) Twilight deserves to be an alicorn. And in fact it gave additional resource for fans' creativity.
2) As a watcher I've no idea who did what in the show. And I don't care. May be some of the writers turned to be an idiot may be there was somebody new. There's no difference for me a a TV-watcher. But Starshit Himmler is a shit and deserves all the hate only that is important. Not who invented her or why.

I stopped to watch the show after 6th season because of Starshit Himmler. Because it's impossible to watch how the characters who formed the fandom are rolled down to bugs' manure just for psyhopatic bitch could save everybody but fails miserably ending up beating 100 tonnes monolith with a stone.

But what happened in next seasons? "Excellent" episode where Sunburst comes to Twilight and Trixie and they so happy with each other because they have so many things in common and only Himmler was left behind because she is psyhopatic bitch nobody interested in and etc. Because it sucks to be Starshit HiMMler. How it ends? Normal characters invent a game where this bitch nobody gives a shit about can participate too. As always she did NOTHING. Everybody must give her something but she does nothing. She just lives in the home of former student and does nothig usefull to Twilight to society to anybody. So she must be referred as parasite.

One guy in my blog tried to proove how HiMMler is good and how she progressed. I asked him what's her role in Poniville and how she's treated by it's inhabitants. He said they just polite with her. LOL. The guy doesn't unserstand that this means only one thing screen-writers have no ideas how she can be integrated in Poniville's society and in the show because it's initially was developed aroud small town\village where everybody has a role. The "character" who was forced by humilating old characters during whole season ended up as a furniture. FAIL. EPIC FAIL.

Was HiMMler the reason of MLP's death? I would say she was one of the tools of destruction. She had not so much screen time in S5 but the show was already dead. And the main problem as I see it now is turning to a mix of every possible generic American cartoon shows. May be sound strange but let me take old good "Chip and Dale RR" for example. CDRR about the group of rodents who fight criminals in hidden from human animal underworld. What it has?
1) Characters who have skills and motivation for the task.
2) Suitable quests. The Rangers should investigate the cases normal human police can't deal with (very few exceptions).
3) Suitable enemies. Often other animals.

"Darkwing Duck" from other side has as enimies supervillians. He can't investigate the cases Chip and Dale would.
MLP was based on internal iteractions between M6 the main point often was not a task but how different characters see it. There're many episodes without external characters at all. No villians no saving the world no other shit.

What we have im MLP since 5th season? Bullshit like Pinkie and RD going to Griffinstan to make it great again. Because? Because they met one random griffin named Gilda before. How it ends? "Share cookies and everything will be allright". The characters have no skills no motivation no suitable quest.
CMCs meet Troubleshoes and give him an advice he would ask to put him in a prison soon.
10 Years old Applebloom bothers about her future profession? Good when you must finish school soon not in 10 years.

And etc. Like screen-writers take random locations, a couple of random characters, random quests and try to do something with. And this doesn't work.

The funny thing is, that jackass came to this page to quote and quote laugh at us when he can't even get his facts right, I mean Starlight is the exact same as every villain? So is every former villain written the exact same? Her motives suck, Hell yeah they do! Discord has to be Discord otherwise he'll cease to exist, Luna was so consumed by jealousy that her soul ended up being possessed by an outside diabolical force, Chrysalis was trying to keep her subjects happy through preventing their starvation, Sunset Shimmer was power hungry etc. What's Starlight's excuse? "My Bestie left me behind after getting his cutie mark" "so now I'm going to destroy everybody's lives because the cutie mark did it!" Ponies can't do wrong, Cutie Marks do!" It's bad enough people ship her with the pony who saved her life yet it didn't faze her one bit that he got his cutie mark from saving her from serious or even deadly injury; Starlight does not deserve Sunburst, nor Trixie for that matter. Let's discuss the other things that idiot brought up, Thorax is not even a villian so what the hell was he talking about, Tempest is in the same boat as Starlight here, and just like Starlight, she was ultimately rewarded for her crimes.

The fact there were no "reformed villians" in MLP. If they appears they vanish immediatelly. Or there's no reformation at all or screen-writer's self-will.

Tempest is very primitive villian she will enslave everybody for her own profit. I can understand that because many people did and do this since the the dawn of humankind but she must be hanged for that. The problem that she changes side when her boss tells she will have no reward and everything she did is forgotten immediatelly.

How mercantilistic behavior can be treated as a reformation?

Discord has to be Discord otherwise he'll cease to exist

Exactly. And he remains Discord doing nothing good and pissing off other characters who has no connectivity poins with him. Because. Because they have no reasons for any good feelings toward him and he does nothing to change this. But if he's still a useless troll and what's more betrayed everybody in the episodes with Tirek what his "reformation" means and why he shouldn't be kept in stone?

He was a douche bag he remains a douche bag.

Chrysalis was trying to keep her subjects happy through preventing their starvation

Wolfs eat animals not because they're villians but to survive. Changellings are not villians by any definition. And they can't be reformed without physical mutations. This's not a question of their free will. But that make Starshit Himmler's speech in S6E26 totally meaningless. You can't tell wolfs don't eat meat. How it "solved"? With Deus ex machina and sudden mutation to acid-bugs. With such a logic Starshit Himmler herself should be "reformed" by Celestia or Twilight magicaly turning her to something friendly or magically reprogramming her brain.

Villian is a role character plays. Reformed villian will disappear immediatelly. Sometimes such characters die immediatelly because they have no motives to live anymore and the writers don't know how to use them. IIRC it's classified as a "Darth Veider effect".

We have no knowledge of the nature of Luna's Nightmare Moon form how it was created and etc but we can suggest that NMM is totally inadequate with her eternal night idea and can't be reasoned. Therefore she must be destroyed leaving only Luna who already suffered for her actions. And Luna can't be treated as reformed NMM.

Diamond Tiara? She was a good character of school-bully. She disappeared and can't be used anymore.

I don't remember much from EG but Sunset Shimmer was just bad primitive villian taken from nowhere. What I understood from what people tell about next EG-movies she just turned to typical Mary Sue hero of EG world who took the empty place of Twilight for some unknown reason. Thanks Celestia she was kept away from MLP itself. In fact she is so badly written that can be inserted nowhere and everywhere at the same time.

"Reformed" Starshit HiMMler can be classified as a some hybrid between:
1) Discord because she still does nothing except pissing off everybody and tossing mind controling spells around.
2) Diamond Tiara because nobody knows what to do with her and she is a furniture.
3) Sunshet Shimmer because she so bald that can be inserted nowhere and everywhere at the same time too. She still has no behavioural pattern as any other character or real person. Magic power is her only disctinctive characteristic. Everybody forgot about her history her crimes and etc.

And as a hybrid she's as bad as all three combined.

The problem with Starshit HiMMler that people often don't understand how things work. Many if not most MLP-fans never watched cartoons at regular basis before and they don't understand the technology of story-telling. I remeber when during 6th season airing people were like tranquillized by her emptiness. While smart and experienced understood what's wrong with that from the beginning many see it as something new if not a revelation. A character without any bright side in the world where everybody else is a bright personality! How fascinating! Good example is the beginning of S06E06 "No Second Prances " where Twilight tells bullshit about "learning friendship" while serving a table just for HiMMler who can insert primitive comments that may even look smart at the background of Twilight's nonsense.

Throwback to when you thought something Twilight did was the writers' faults, but you argue that Starlight Glimmer is bad and it's not the writers' faults as if she isn't a cartoon character too, lmao

The problem with Starshit HiMMler

Also comparing Starlight to an actual Nazi is fucking cringe, you're pathetic lmao

Me Too, that's the only reason I joined.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 78