I HATE Starlight Glimmer 143 members · 54 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

Cause I feel like she's in everything, ugh, I want to know episodes that are Starlight free, good or bad.

Pretty much every episode BEFORE season 6 and the season 5 premiere and finale.

6452709 She has multiple identifiable background appearances throughout season 5.

Thank you for the insight, sad that you guys don't know many episodes, shows just how overused and overrated Starlight really is, especially when it comes to being the creator's pet.

Yeah, don't even watch the show anymore so I couldn't say either. I guess maybe that Grannies Gone Wild episode I heard about might not have her, or at least not prominently?

I can't believe I saw a thread defending what garbage this show has become (don't mean to bring that in, I just needed to say something about it...:twilightangry2:)

I hardly watch the show anymore as well, I find myself hand picking random episodes if I'm even up to it at all. I will check out grannies gone wild.

I'm glad you brought that in, I think the show is terrible now too which is a good reason why it has lost its major appeal to me, I hate how so many bronies seem to awkwardly support everything the show is throwing at us.
FIM keeps making mistake after mistake, it doesn't need to continue.

Exactly, the thread I saw actually called the betrayal the writers have done change for Celestia's sakes!!!! CHANGE!!!!

But, I didn't respond as I know that only feeds into the broken base that has become this fandom:ajsleepy:

Glad I could conjure up something for you, it seems it actually is good from what I hear, other than Rainbow and Applejack getting kinda crazy and overprotective (the latter impressing that on the former). It also introduces a stallion who might be the unknowing father of a certain unicorn...

Really now? Ugh, I honestly don't know how to properly respond to that.
I avoid the fandom quite often too, fandoms are usually sick, and it doesn't make it any better that the actual show is ruined.

A stallion father, you mean for Trixie?

Check Starlight's Wikia page. There's a handy chart showing which episodes she's in. (I believe there's a chart for every recurring character's Wikia page--definitely for the prominent ones. I've found Wikia to be an invaluable source for fact-checking while writing fanfic, especially when combined with YouTube or Netflix.)

Starlight was in 16%* of Season Five, 24% of Season Six, 44% of Season Seven, and just over half of Season Eight (so far...).

In total, Starlight has had speaking roles** in 30 of the past 90 episodes: one-third exactly. Across all her episodes, Starlight...

... has been the antagonist 4 times,
... has been the singular main character 6 times,
... has been one of several main characters 8 times,
... has been a supporting character 12 times,
... and has filled in for Snowfall Frost in a story 1 time...
... for a total of 31 speaking appearances. ("A Hearth's Warming Tail" was counted twice, once as Starlight Glimmer, and once as Snowfall Frost.)

*I rounded seasons Five through Seven to 25 episodes for easier, in-my-head calculations. The number of Starlight episodes was always rounded down because she was never in more than half the episodes in the three completed seasons she's in. Had she been in more than half, I would have rounded up for that season. All percents are approximate.

**Only speaking roles were included. Starlight had foreground shots in four additional episodes, background shots in 3 additional episodes (two from Season 5 and one in a photo in Season 7), and a mention by name in 1 additional episode.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11