Bronies for Bernie 37 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

I think this video says it all.

Pidgeons
Group Admin

They don't owe him an apology because he did not have adequate racial justice reform on his platform, and Bernie amended it. They don't owe him an apology because it's an emergency and it worked. These kinds of things aren't gained by being polite. Black Lives matter also did not issue an apology; that is a misconception that prominent people in BLM refuted. It's just like the mistaken perception that Bernie apologized.

One thing that annoys me is Bernie supporters saying "but, but, he Marched with King!" Yes, he did. They needed to know what he plans to do today, and to keep repeating his past as an answer to BLM is the same as saying "You get no answers to your questions, sit down and take it."

Bernie did not owe an apology either, and he did the right thing by letting the protesters speak. Neither owed an apology to one another. How this worked out works in favor of both Bernie Sanders' campaign, and the BLM movement. Now, if only Sanders supporters would stop harassing BLM activists. They need to calm the hell down. If they're not going to see how the interruptions were necessary for BLM, and if they aren't going to approach this with love and humility, then they should at least look at this in a pragmatic way in that the events caused changes in the platform that's sure to get more votes. If angry Bernie supporters would just calm down and stop acting like mental patients.

We should be focusing on letting people know the difference between Bernie and Hillary Clinton, and letting it be known that we will vote for Bernie as a write-in if Hillary Clinton gets the nomination, NOT wasting time getting angry with BLM and potentially losing our chance at the African-American vote. Love, peace, and understanding, or pragmatic opportunism . . . take your pick; it all requires the same peaceful behavior.

Actually, I highly suspect some of the angry "Bernie supporters" are Hillary plants, trying to get OTHER Bernie supporters acting this way.

Bernie Believers

Sometimes there are flaws to having an honest candidate. :facehoof:

If he had just let it go out at the cost of a little pride he would be a lot better off. I agree with him completely on the issue, but he's not going to get the black vote with it.

Now he's likely offended them and sent out the message that he's not fully in control over his own campaign.
Let's just hope that they don't blow up over this.

Pidgeons
Group Admin

I don't think it'll be a problem. Most BLM members aren't stupid, and I've seen a lot of articles by members of the group that could see this stuff clearly. Our only problem in this matter is trying to calm down those of our fellow Bernie supporters that want to gripe at BLM.

From all the information I've gathered, it actually seems like they were more satisfied with talks they had with Bernie than they were with Hillary, at least some BLM groups.

We may not get the African-American vote and we have to be prepared for that. We have to be prepared to lose 39,000,000 people outright. We should be working that much harder to preach the gospel of Bernie, particularly to Democrats.

My stepdad was going to vote for Trump just because he hated Clinton that much, and my stepdad is a liberal!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4