Hazardous Writing Materials and Challenges 236 members · 336 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Z Edgelord
Group Admin

Like a slithering, sneaky rat walking the shadows, the horrifying, disgusting creature, grossly dressed in equine skin, was walking slowly in the streets of Canterlot. Its gaze was everywhere, analysing every little detail it could find about its prey. The gentle smell of the soft mane, the little hairs lost on the way, the tiny, but visible traces left by the foal alongside his mother. Tonight, a tragedy happens.

A few hours later, the monster had finally cornered its prey. Finally, it had pushed it against a wall, the mare shivering in her hooves, the little foal crying and hiding behind his mother's bulk. The diformed beast slowy raised its limbs, like it was reaching for the mother's heart, ready to rip it out open and fest upon it in front of the poor child.

"Trick or Treat !" shouted the monster.

The mother and the foal both let out a sigh of relief, reverting to their more neutral body positions, smiles strecthing their faces. Laughing, the mare reached for her bag and grabbed a hoofull of candies and sweet, of the finest quality, and gave it to the disguised scare-foal. He let out a yell of happiness, before running away with his prize, more than satisfied for his performance.

Mare and foal started walking again, going home, joyfully discussing what had just happened, the foal explaining to his mother that it was one of his friend who had just ambushed them, and that the whole thing had been planned days before. The mother sighed ostenciously, before patting the head of her son, both annoyed and amused.

As soon as they got in front of their house, the mare once again reached for her bag, and firmly grabbed her keys. She inserted them into the locket, and was shocked to find that it was open. She gently pushed the door open, her eyes reaching in the dark, unlighted room inside, before hearing a loud sound, and falling into the white.

The foal, horrified, looked at his mother fall down on her knees and her body roll down the alley. He did not take time to think about what had just happened. He ran as fast as he could, his primal instincts taking over, just led by the raw, powerful force of survival.

"Staying alive, staying alive, staying alive..." was the only thing his mind could form in his head. He ignored both the fatigue steadely paralyzing his muscles, and the heavy stepping sounds behind him, closing in every second.

Then, he made on mistake. He looked behind him. What he saw made him stop dead in his tracks, heart litteraly breaking apart, assailed by pure fear. Without even realizing it, he heard a metallic sound, and fell into the white pit just the same as his mother.

Whatever it was, it did not stay behind, apparently satisfied with its deeds. Slowly, it turned away, the ground trembling with each step. Once in front of the house, he grabbed the dead body of the mother, an almost invisible vermeil liquide falling down from her forehead. The wound was dazzling, disgusting. And the thing seemed to rejoice as it gazed upon it, the smile of the thing slowly openning up the costume it was wearing, with a slow, bonechilling tearing sound.

The body on its shoulder, it kept walking, away from the house, away from the city, before entering the woods, strange, masticating sounds soon emerging from the forest.

Far away from here, on a hill overlooking the trees, a caped, masked silouhette observed the whole commotion. With a grin on his face, he lit up a cigarette, and loaded his gun.

"Tonight, I hunt."

Good day/morning/afternoon/evening/night, whatever pleases your flag ! Today we look at a very, very appropriate prompt for the current times. Times of darkness, madness, bloodshed and MURDERS ! OH THE SWEET, SWEET MINDLESS VIOLENCE ! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

Oh no, today you WILL NOT ESCAPE. No sweets, no candies will save you from the horror that befall your poor, defenceless souls under the moonlight. An evil has awakened, and I will make sure to lead you ALL to it ! EACH OF YOU ! Cower in FEAR and moist your pants at the sight of the prompt ! I name.....

DISGUISE !

Ah yes, halloween time, is it not ? What a wonderfully and totally unexpectable subject ! So much originality ! SO WOW MUCH AMAZED !

In all seriousness, be it hiding the mind, the body, or the soul (depending on how edgy you are), a disguise is a mundane thing. When you go outside, can we not say that... you put a disguise on your body ? And a disguise on your heart ? As to not show cracks and little "misses" we may suffer from ? As to stop the other from exploiting them and breaking you apart like mere glass ?

Or are you one of those "I don't care" types, that live and breath the way that pleases them ? Well, some would say that you're putting another mask on. Why ? I'd say because you still care. You just don't show it. And when you have things to hide... what better than a disguise ?

Anyway, go crazy and release the torrents of creativity that dwell within you all. I will be watching.

PS : See how edgy I am ? I did the prompt IN MY OWN PROMPT POSTING PROMPT ! OMG SO 2015 EDGE WOW ! Have fun with that.

4791839 Ah, if only Halloween was actually this week. This could be an interesting little prompt. Not to mention I've already done a holiday themed chapter myself wherein my robot character dressed as a robot.

I'll see what I come with. Good look everyone else!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2