Hazardous Writing Materials and Challenges 236 members · 336 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
HapHazred
Group Admin

And so we transition from my personal favourite pony to one that took me a good long while to appreciate. This character prompt is all about

Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie is an interesting one. For the longest time, I didn't really like her, but since the beginning of the show, she's really grown on me. In fact, although I still maintain that she's not my favourite, she's one of the more interesting characters in the show (in my humble opinion). Most characters want something for themselves... Rainbow Dash wants attention and fame, Rarity wants success, Fluttershy wants peace and quiet... but what Pinkie Pie want is for everyone else to have a good time.

And whilst every character has a bit of that inside them, it rarely becomes their ultimate goal in life. And I rather like that. If only because of her motivation, Pinkie has my respect.

So, what to write about in a Pinkie Pie prompt thread? Maybe a short about her and Gummy? Perhaps some of her inner workings as she tries to figure out how best to throw a party for a friend (extra points if it's in the Party-Cave)? Or maybe one of her hobbies, something she might do when nobody else is looking, just for herself. What does she do when she's all on her own?

Write 'em up below. Have a good one.

4612394 Quick question - is the prompt for Pinkie (happy laughter) only, or Pinkamina Diane (pink goth) apply as well?

HapHazred
Group Admin

4612679 Sure... why not? They're both based on the character Pinke Pie.

HapHazred
Group Admin

What? No love for PartyHorse?

Let me rectify that.

"Pinkie, you have to slow down," Rainbow growled for the umpteenth time, grinding her teeth against the ping-pong racket. Pinkie responded the same way she always did.

By giggling.

"Oops!" she exclaimed. "Too hard again! That's another round to Applejack and Rarity!"

Rainbow groaned. "Okay... uh, that's twenty two points to our three."

"Twenty four," Applejack corrected. Rainbow sighed.

"Right. Sorry. I'm starting to lose count."

Why couldn't I have been paired up with Applejack? Everypony knows we make a great team.

"Okay, Rarity, your turn to serve," Applejack declared, just the slightest bit exasperated. Rainbow groaned internally. This'd be another pointless round where Pinkie would go crazy and then they'd have to spend the next five minutes finding the ball. For a pony who was supposed to be random, Pinkie sure was predictable.

"Are you sure? This is getting a little tiresome," Rarity said. Applejack shrugged.

"We got a half-hour left on this table before we have to give it up. Best not waste our bits, eh?"

Rarity grumbled. "Fine. Pinkie, do try a little harder."

Pinkie bounced energetically. "Isn't this fun?!" she exclaimed.

Not when there's no contest, Rainbow thought. "Uh, sure it is, Pinkie," she said, determined to not upset her friend. "Just... try and reign it in this time. At least try and land the ball on their side, instead of shooting it off into Celestia-knows-where."

"Okie-dokie!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"I'd appreciate it," Applejack said. "Winnin' ain't as fun when it's easy."

Pinkie hesitated. "Not as fun?"

"Well, darling, I do appreciate a challenge. At present, I can find none."

Pinkie frowned. Rainbow shrugged. "Okay, Rares... let's go."

Rarity tossed the ball in the air with her hoof, and then tapped it ever so gently with her racket. It shot towards Pinkie lethargically.

Ping!

Applejack widened her eyes when she realized they had lost the point. "Pinkie?" she asked.

"Is it more fun now?" Pinkie asked, spinning the racket around her hoof.

This one was difficult. And to think there are more difficult ones to come...

Pinkie Starts a Band (Just Not Hers)

Edit: approved

HapHazred
Group Admin

4637598 Sweet. I'll have to read that.

Z Edgelord
Group Admin

Don't worry, it's the effort that count. Only by testing things can we achieve true skill. I look forward to reading it.

HapHazred
Group Admin

Okidok, this thread gets locked today! Moving onto the next pony on our list!

And she's a favourite of mine.

Time to use my awesome new lock picture!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11