Random Brony Group 147 members · 493 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
Julia
Group Admin

Discuss.

IkioStar
Group Admin

There's a list of massive subtropes of the gender bender genre of storytelling.

Here's the classic:

Gender Bender: In-universe change of the physical sex.

R63: Outer Universe Fan-Made Reverse. Inside it's own universe said character has always been the reversed gender of the Primary Protagonist Base.

Julia
Group Admin

:ajsmug:

So, when you go to an R63 universe, it can't be considered genderbent because nothing has been bent, as it always was?

IkioStar
Group Admin

4529153 There's also a bunch of other Gender Bender types:

Gender Swap (which is also a subgenre of Possession.)

If you want to talk further, a good basis to start with is: Here.

IkioStar
Group Admin

4529161 Pretty Much.

Julia
Group Admin

Sounds awesome.

Now, about bringing a R63 to the universe we usually see (R63 universe being B while the regular universe we see being A) and then have the R63 possess the A universe being and vice versa, does it become genderbending?

IkioStar
Group Admin

4529167 Yes. It's a form of gender swap called 'body swap'. It can get pretty freaky. They can both be in one body, where it turns into possession.

Julia
Group Admin

I need to do a fic like that.

IkioStar
Group Admin

4529177 I personally prefer TF in my GB.

TF=Transformation
GB=Gender Bender

It's usually a more radical and abrupt change, so it can be played for the most, (out of all the GB tropes), story or comedy depending on your focus.

Julia
Group Admin

would TF be intentional?

IkioStar
Group Admin

4529201 Not always. You can play it intentional as an ability, though. (Classical) Loki, Thor, and Odin have all been women willingly at one time or another, even having given birth to children.

Julia
Group Admin

l-lewd, but hawt

IkioStar
Group Admin

4529256 Yeah. Best part is: you don't necessarily have to play a romance or sex card.

Julia
Group Admin

Rly? Dat's magical!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15