Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Let me just say, if you don't agree with or dislike what I have to say, please just ignore it and move on. Please don't start a debate.

With that, I will continue with this post. Where I find strength in hard times and in good times is in God alone. I'm a Christian, so if you know that, then that's probably the answer you'd expect out of me, but I'm not giving this answer because of some sort of obligation, but because it's true.

Right now, one of the most important things in my life is completely falling to pieces. I've been homeschooled my entire life, and I've been going to the same church my entire life. 90% of people I personally know are from that church. Sadly, it's going through major conflict right now. It was inevitable, since it is in fact a Baptist church (FYI for non-church goers, pretty much every Baptist church goes through this sometime). Almost my entire life revolved around this church, and now because of this conflict, many people are leaving this church, which includes some of my closest friends and my family's closest friends (including the ex pastor who was forced to resign). It's causing pain all around. Since I'm homeschooled, I never see any of these people outside of church, so if anyone leaves the church, I'll probably never see them again (unless we run into each other at Walmart or something). As I've previously mentioned, many of my and my family's closest friends are leaving, and we're torn between staying at the church we've poured our heart and soul into for the past 14 years or leaving with our close friends, which also means leaving other close friends. And to top it off, I became the youth band worship leader 3 weeks ago in a youth band low on members, so I'm kind of needed there too.

Anyway, now you've heard about how my life is falling apart. You may not think it's that big of a deal, but it's really a unique situation that most people in the world won't go through, and though it may not be as bad as something like a death or divorce, it's really affecting me a lot in a way you probably wouldn't be able to understand without actually going through it.

In times like this, everyone needs hope, strength, and peace, and for me, I find it in God. I can have peace in the midst of the storm. The storm is still going to go on, and pain will still occur, but I have hope because of God. I know He loves me no matter what happens, and that He has a plan for me and my life.

The rest of my post will be quotations from the Bible and from some songs. Feel free to discuss what gives you peace, hope, and strength, but please, do not debate anything, these are just my beliefs, and this group is dedicated to peace, so debates are not necessary.

In the Bible in Matthew 11:28 (English Standard Version), Jesus says
"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

"No, you'll never be alone, when darkness comes I'll light the night with stars, hear the whispers in the dark."-Skillet, "Whispers in the Dark"

"1 I lift up my eyes to the hills.
From where does my help come?
2 My help comes from the Lord,
who made heaven and earth.
3 He will not let your foot be moved;
he who keeps you will not slumber.
4 Behold, he who keeps Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The Lord is your keeper;
the Lord is your shade on your right hand.
6 The sun shall not strike you by day,
nor the moon by night.
7 The Lord will keep you from all evil;
he will keep your life.
8 The Lord will keep
your going out and your coming in
from this time forth and forevermore."

Psalm 121:1-8 (ESV) from the Bible.

4452238 If you want to hang out with people you like you could just hang out with them. You don't need an excuse like going to church to meet people. There is such a thing as visiting people, you know?

4452283 I wish I could. I have no way of doing it sadly. I'm still only 16, and certain health circumstances made me have to wait an extra year and a half to even start driving with a learner's permit, which I still don't have. I would visit these people if I could, but I can't. Like I said, it really is a unique and unusual problem to go through, and I know how it could seem like many things can be solved, but right now, it simply can't.

4452310 You could just call them via Skype.

4452333 I get what you're saying, and I know I can still contact them, and I know you're just trying to help an offer suggestions, but there's still more to it that I'm not currently allowed to discuss. There's a lot of secrets and deception going on, which is really something that should never, ever happen at a church, but sadly it is. Thanks for caring though :)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5