Martianmen 51 members · 34 stories
Comments ( 56 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 56

Pretty simple question.
What do you strive for either in the long or short term?

For me:
Short term: study, dog handling course, army application, handgun licence
Long term: degree, possible immigration to greener pastures.

Basic goals: be freinds with as many as humanly possible
Big goals: become basicly the next yogscast

Basic goal: become a historian, enter politics.
big goal(which i can only dream about): be successful in politics to a point were i can run for president or become vice president.

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

4403642 Short term: Get a 2-year degree in the class of Whatever in college after joining the military. If that doesn't work, work active duty full time or take my college fund and move to Brazil, where I will then participate in the drug trade.

Long term: Own a nice plot of land in a rural area where I can drive around and do whatever I want; also possibly lead a small country with an iron fist until my political enemies that haven't been executed form a coup and drive me out of office. I will take as much money as I can carry before I leave, though, and get a first class ticket to Fuck-Everything-I'm-Rich Town.

Ambitious.
When you say "president" I assume you mean the US.
A historian? Most politicians study something useless like economics :rainbowlaugh:
You just like history, or you want to study something like political history?

Noice.
What branch of the military?
Any ideas for a degree? Maybe you could get recognition for prior learning in administration, you know? Since you're an admin. Huh? Huh?

My personal ambition in life is to mock everyone in the universe in alphabetical order. If Wowbagger can do it, then so can I.

It's a nice world when people are nice. Kudos to you.

Only if you're hot. I have standards, you know.

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

4403731 I'm split between the Air Force and the Army right now. I'm leaning a bit more towards the Army for now, but time changes everything.

Maybe you could get recognition for prior learning in administration, you know? Since you're an admin. Huh? Huh?

:rainbowlaugh: This is why I keep you around, bro. I've only been an admin for less than a week. I don't think that counts as real experience. But! knowing the state of America's education system today, maybe it would.

And for my degree, I'm actually thinking about computer science or cybersecurity. Not so much for me fawning over these positions, but moreso for pay and necessity.

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

4403745 Dayum, son. Shots fired. wlam is one cold-blooded mofo.

I'm bloody split for my degree major:
Criminology and cyber-security are on the short-list.
My uni does all the training for the WA police force (since the academy is next door) but apparently we have one of the best cyber security facilities in the southern hemisphere.
#Torn

:rainbowhuh:
You saying I'm ugly? :fluttercry:
I just thought... :pinkiesad2:

4403642 fimfiction: become a big name in displace and the site

I'm sorry, I know you thought we had something there, but I think it's best if we remain just friends. I don't want to risk our relationship like this, it means too much to me.

Nice. You have my support.

Why don't you want me to sleep with you?
I don't bite stabbing isn't biting right?

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

#Torn

Aren't we all?

Yep.
Picture related.

All of life's but a grand stage... for a standup comedy, and your face is the punchline.

Love your humour :pinkiehappy:
Keep it up! :rainbowdetermined2:

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

4403831 That's... terrifying to be frank.

Don't worry, I wouldn't stop if you wanted me to. A lot of people here have found that out already, much to their dismay. :rainbowlaugh:

Well I don't want you to.
+10 common ground

Le.
Don't put me in the gulag.

Friendship levels gained: +1
"Friendly acquaintances" unlocked

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

4403881 Jazzis Crust, get a room, you two.

"what are you going to do? Arrest me?"
-famous last words

4403719 I just like history in particular, plus it could be useful in politics.

Cool story.
Favourite moment in history?

4403642 The destruction of all evil on the planet, through love and kindness where possible, through firepower where not.

Can I join your vigilante mob?

4404075 Bring your own weapons and if discovered by the police, you must surrender yourself. What we are doing is illegal and wrong but we must do it anyway. Only problem I ever had with vigilantes was when they "disposed of" bystanders in the name of their cause. We will also be dispensing mercy where possible. Rehabilitation first, THEN if necessary EXTERMINATION!!

I am fundamentally opposed to capital punishment because of the possibility of a miscarriage of justice - death is irreversible, even if it turns out afterwards that you were mistaken. Killing an innocent in the name of justice leads the whole idea ad absurdum. How would you address that concern?

4404106 An excellent concern and probably the only real point that I consider when weighing capital punishment. To be honest with you, there is no way that I can assure you that it wouldn't someday kill an innocent person. Therefore I advocate capital punishment only in extreme cases, where the criminal has openly admitted to what they have done and is proud of it. Im talking real, REAL fucked up people, not every other murderer, like Charles Manson, Ted Bundy types. I feel some people just come out of the factory broken and cant be fixed. (sorry if that's cliché) But I like the idea of the smug, psychopathic asshole getting taught that he or she cant mess with us. (us being "normal" people)

Well, I don't disagree on some people being unfixable, but there have been cases of people falsely admitting to really horrible crimes, including serial murder and worse. I don't think you can really ever be completely sure that you have the right guy, which is really something I'd consider an absolute necessity for a punishment like death. Thanks for the honest answer, though. You're alright.

4404143 With DNA evidence and the like these days im pretty sure we can be certain about some cases and like I said, I more or less advocate it because I hate smug pricks and want to see them die. Im a fan of Karma if you haven't guessed by now.

DNA evidence is a lot less reliable than a lot of people believe, take it coming from a chemist. I think this isn't really the place to debate about this, though, so I'd rather not get into this here.

4404166 Very well, and I will take your word on the DNA thing.

4403642 Man I missed a good thread here... Well I got only one goal, and that's to survive long enough to say to somebody 'I told you so.'

Anyone in particular?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 56