Martianmen 51 members · 34 stories
Comments ( 35 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 35
MartiantheGray
Group Admin

I know not every member of this group is going to vote, so I'm going to ask the people who actually are involved what they think about this group and its current private status.

Give me a like for if you think this group should remain private and a dislike if you believe the group should be public to make this vote easier to identify, then give an explanation for why you chose what you chose.

4401847 I'm good either way.

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

4401868 I'm pretty sure everyone will be, but it never hurts for an admin to check what his group thinks about certain things. I'm the admin of nothing without any members, so I'll always treasure what they have to say when the topic is about the group.

I'm not actually clear on what the difference would be. Is it visibility or also about who can join?

4401847 whatever you personally want

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

4401885 The group is visible to the rest of the site, but no one can join except for those I personally send an invitation to.

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

4401892 Eh, guess this isn't as hot a topic as I was first anticipating it would be. Thanks for the input, bro.

4401847 I'm cool if you want to let others in. It's, like, your choice, man.

And the new setting would allow anyone in, I guess? I don't really think it'll make a difference either way, this is kind of a private thing ipso facto. I don't think there are many people who would want to join that you wouldn't already have invited on your own initiative.

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

4401903 Ultimately, yes, it is my choice. Just wanted to ask about what you guys thought on the matter, though.

4401907 The new setting would indeed allow anyone in.

I don't think there are many people who would want to join that you wouldn't already have invited on your own initiative.

And yeah, that's a fair point. I appreciate the input, bro.

4401847 I don't mind it going public. New people could mean more conversation, or it could mean a bunch of inactive people on the roster.

Well, it's not like there's a limited amount of slots or anything.

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

New people could mean more conversation, or it could mean a bunch of inactive people on the roster.

That's a good argument, but it's a double-edged sword as well. This group will likely not be growing any larger than it already has, and a few more members could indeed mean more conversation; however, inactive members that end up being only numbers are not what I am looking for out of the community.

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

4401923 Yeah, I figured as much.

4401847 Maybe make it so that people are actively seeking out quality members to add to the group, and have it so that quality people are constantly added?

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

Maybe make it so that people are actively seeking out quality members to add to the group, and have it so that quality people are constantly added?

Now the problem with that thought is the fact that I can't force anyone to invite other members to this group to ensure that "quality" members are always added. And even if I could, I wouldn't. I am certainly capable of asking them to invite people they deem valuable enough to join MM, though.

valuable enough to join MM

My, don't I feel élite now.

4401958 Asking them is probably enough,

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

I am certainly capable of asking them to invite people they deem valuable enough to join MM

Hey, those who are "valuable" are already present. I only stated that if others within this group felt that certain members that aren't in the group yet deserve to hold a spot in it, they are welcome to open the door for them.

No reason not to poke fun at the phrasing. :derpytongue2:

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

4401993 You're incorrigible.

4401996 Make an individual post. That's what I recommend.

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

4402018 Hmm... Not a bad idea. Not a bad idea at all.

4402025 I would agree, but that would be self flattery.

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

4402034 Indeed it would be.

4402045 Are we just talking so that neither of us says the last thing at this point?

Guess what, now neither of you do.

Penis!
Oh? I'm sorry. I thought this was the penis game thread.

Wouldn't it be funny if PT joined, you two would have a ball. Just something to think about if you decide to open your borders.

>scaremongering. Scaremongering everywhere.

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

Wouldn't it be funny if PT joined, you two would have a ball.

Don't be playing around like that, bro. I'd wring PT's scrawny little neck if I could.

Just something to think about if you decide to open your borders.

:pinkiehappy:

4401847 It really doesn't matter to me.

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

Don't be playing around like that, bro.

:ajbemused:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 35