Martianmen 51 members · 34 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17
MartiantheGray
Group Admin

Since I will always just be an anonymous figure in your lives, I feel it's pretty safe to tell you about what I'm most insecure about: this website, and my participation in it.

I'm no brony, I don't even watch the show; I got directed to this website by a couple friends I ended up falling out with due to their idolization of a children's TV show. If they were taking MLP as seriously as they were, I could only imagine how spastic they acted around those who weren't fans.

I eventually got more and more invested in the stories here and created an account to keep them sorted more effectively. Just check my library: a helluva lotta stories I've read and ignored. the community earlier in the day almost made me leave a few times, but there's the few users whom I thoroughly enjoy conversing with, which is why I now have invited you all specifically to join this group I made.

There's still a small part of me that's insecure about being on this website daily, but that shame has been mostly overridden by pride whenever I speak with you guys. I just won't ever mention you or this website in casual conversation. Fuck that noise.

4394612 I have actually long abandoned insecurities. When I was little I was insecure about myself. I always wanted people to like me so I was always nice but I was also way too shy to make friends. This lead to a lot of bullying when I was little. Then when I was in the eighth grade something finally snapped. I just stopped caring about social norms and I acted the way I always wanted to behave. I started talking to people, I was acting out in odd ways like sitting in mall fountains while singing "I'm Singing in the Rain." I was just acting the way I've always wanted to. After that people stopped bullying me and my life was so much better. So I have decided to not let things like insecurity hold me back. I'm just as insane online as I am in real life. If you ever meet me you would see me as crazy but also as just one of the nicest guys you have ever met

4394612 I get what you mean. As a brony I do enjoy the show, but I don't idolize it or shove it into peoples faces. People who do that are just annoying. I guess as insecurity goes, I fear I may fail people I care about, I enjoy having reached one hundred followers recently and having friends here, but I constantly feel like I may let someone down. It's not likely though, they seem pretty cool.:moustache:

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

4394642 I wouldn't call that insane. It's just that you're a bit... um... okay you're insane; but not in the bad way, more like the eccentric kinda way.

4394652 I know I'm insane, but as I have told my friends.

"I am insane, but I'm the good kind of insane, not the stab you in your sleep insane."

a quote by Corey

4394612 Not even a brony? Not once?

Anyways for me my main insecurity is being touched, even though I wish I could cuddle sometimes. Dunno why I just don't like being touched in general. Oh also I nearly have panic attacks when I lose my necklace, though that's mainly because my flash drive with my 'novel', which I'll probably never write, is stored.

Oh also permission to make a thread with a suggestion pertaining to story folders? Or make suggestion to you in PM or this here thread?

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

4394741 You can PM me if you like.

I used to try to please everyone.
Now I only try to please people I care about.
Not like that :ajbemused:

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

Not like that :ajbemused:

Well, shit!

You never talk about us?
Man I mention you fuckers all the time!! Not the site but I always mention you fuckers!!!!
Now insecurity.....
I don't know.... I guess I could say getting in trouble or not doing what I'm supposed to do... I think that counts.....

4394612 My weird collection of Garfield plushies that I amassed as a small child.

4394612 politics, myself and everyone.

4394612 Having the underside of my wrists touched, and falling on my face. The wrists, because it just feels uncomfortable. Falling on my face, because I fell on my face (when my shoelaces got caught on the top of the chain link fence I was scaling) about a year ago and managed to break all of my teeth and scar my chin. Now for some reason every time I do something particularly active like climbing or running, I imagine myself tripping and eating shit a second time.

4394612 Eh, my greatest insecurity has to be my lack of a moral compass... Anybody who talks to me or knows me personal understand this all to well, even I recognize it... Yet I'm still unable to fix it. I often see people as intrusions in my day by day life and if they aren't productive in anyway, I'll forcefully move them outta my way just to achieve what I want. That effect alone makes me extremely cold and calculated towards the major things in life and any minor thing can take the back seat.

However I try my best to counteract my outer sociopath by learning more about people and why things happen the way they do. (Which apparently is the wrong way.) Because the knowledge I acquire only comes in use when I'm moving or breaking down a barrier to a new goal. I'm very helpful and protective of those who I think warrant that respect, but on the other end... I'd rather not talk about it. In the end I've cultivated a horribly stoic view on the world and that's why it serves to be my greatest insecurity, because I'm failing to connect on a personal level with people that I once said I loved.

And that's my dirt for the day...

Wow, I didn't realize this was going to be so serious.

Okay, me? I've got some trust issues and some other problems with my image (how others see me).

I spent a year in another country, having fun while working. This country had a very different culture that was very... eh... closed. No one would tell you anything for fear of conflict. So, after almost an entire year of working with people and I decide to extend my stay, this happens: I get pulled aside by someone and told that everyone I worked with hated me. It blew me away. They didn't like my personality, my enthusiasm, etc. etc. For one reason or another, most of the people I thought liked me hated me. I pulled the people aside and talked to them one by one. They pretty much said it was true.

And I had another three months that I had to work with them.

I've been in therapy 'cause of that shit.

So now, I'm incredibly dubious of if people really like me or not and it's been much harder for me to really want to get attached to anyone else.

Then I have other insecurities like I feel like if I don't make huge amounts of progress towards my goal each and every day, I will never become good at what I want to become good at, and I usually give up under all the pressure I put myself under.

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

4405129 Yeah, trust is like a fragile piece of glassware: displayed proudly when it can be, but nigh impossible to piece back together once it has been knocked from its high position and shattered on the cold, sobering ground.

Then I have other insecurities like I feel like if I don't make huge amounts of progress towards my goal each and every day, I will never become good at what I want to become good at, and I usually give up under all the pressure I put myself under.

I feel ya there, bro. Things take time, but time is a luxury not many people can afford anymore. Many lack the patience either to deal with things that are time-consuming because of this fact.You've got to feel like you're accomplishing something before you're motivated to continue with it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17