Martianmen 51 members · 34 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16
MartiantheGray
Group Admin

...But read by people living in the third world. We are all very fortunate for everything we have. I'll think twice about getting angry about something as trivial as my phone battery.

4387728 It's sad yes... But give it time for me (A week or so.) I'll be back to worrying about how cold my fries from Mcdonald's are... Shit never will be far.

Yah. It kinda sucks to think about that stuff

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

4387738 It's hard to think about something when one doesn't live amongst it. Everyone has their own problems, but they must at the very least acknowledge that others don't have the same privileges as they do.

4387728 Hey. I'm a thirdworlder, and I can confirm that those problems are ours as well.

First world problems aren't problems.

Stupid things are still things, they just get the adjective stupid added to them.

Silly charities and they're short, memorable, but inaccurate slogans.

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

4387755 I never said I agreed 100% with everything that was said in this video, particularly that part. What I am going to say, though, is that it's important to understand the living conditions others are forced to endure that more eminent individuals may choose to ignore.

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

4387754 I was going to try to say something inspiring, but my mind blanked out on me. Let me just say this then: everyone's got problems. Every nation, every state, every person. The severity of these problems, however, varies.

4387748 Oh I know, but dwelling on something I can't change in my current position does no one any good. Circumstances doesn't make people wiser or more profound, it only makes us different. And difference is something that is never acknowledged until we catch the bad draw, so until my bias catches up to me. I'll live day by day, thinking of those I can help, not those that suffer.

A bit morbid yes, but not everybody lives to see the sun shine.:pinkiesad2:

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

4387797 Lots of wisdom in your words, even if they carry the slightest frost in their delivery.

Man, you'd love the Turkana people. Buncha West African semi-nomads, but goddamn do they love themselves their cellphones. They'll regularly walk hours and hours to the nearest town so they can charge their phones on whatever electrical outlets are available. I'm not telling you this by way of ridicule, really, just because it really illustrates one thing about people that I've found more true than any other: when you really get down to it, we're all the same, everywhere. You could fistbump one of these guys and start talking about soccer and never even know where they're from.

There is really no such thing as a first world problem, just different degrees of being unaware of the problems other people deal with.

"- Tell me my fortune."
"- Fortune... is not your destiny. All of us are unfortunate."

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

Let me just say this then: everyone's got problems. Every nation, every state, every person. The severity of these problems, however, varies.

Agreed.

4387728 Hey, first world problems are serious problems in my country.

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

4387993 You're joking about this? Really? Corey, c'mon now, that's in poor taste.

4387998 Here's something to know about me. I hardly take anything seriously on the internet, but what I say or do does not always reflect my own personal opinion. I honestly can't stand people when they complain about how they don't have the latest Iphone or that their wifi is so slow that they can't run Netflix on seven different devices at the same time or that they missed Game of Thrones so now they have to yell at everyone not to spoil it for them.

I joke online, but I actually do a lot of charity work so that I actually can make a difference when I'm not online.

MartiantheGray
Group Admin

4388024 Things on the internet reflect goings on in reality. Not everything should be taken seriously, but to not take anything seriously is dangerous. It's great to know that you're a great person offline as well as online, though.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16