Quill and Blade 363 members · 61 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
Crystal Wishes
Group Admin

I want to put random quotes in the footer of the Q&B site
so
drop your favorite Q&B quotes here
either spoken by characters, or through narrative.

Aiming for short quotes, like, 1-3 sentences

DumbDog

Jules: "You read the Bible, Brett?"
Brett: "Yes!"
Jules: "Well, there's this passage I've got memorized that sort of fits this occasion. Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of the evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and goodwill, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!"

*BANGBANGBANGBANGBANG*

- Samuel L. Jackson

A few from Crystal's Wishes

Unceremoniously and without thinking, Crystal glanced down at Velvet's flank and smiled brightly. - Sparks of the Beginning

Velvet matched her enthusiasm in an instant. "It's official?!"

"Yup!" Crystal puffed out her chest with pride. "C.W. Step is on her way to the bestsellers' list!" - Ups and Downs

Crystal continued with a soft sigh, "Admittedly, I idealize. I have lately found myself writing about guards and knights because I fantasize of meeting somepony like the ones in my fiction."

"But thou canst," Luna said, tilting her head and pointing over at Silent Knight. "He is right there." - The Silver Reward

It doesn't work out of context, but the first quote that came to mind was this one from Trials, Ch. 63.

My tone remained all business as I set a hoof on the ridge of her helmet. “Yes, yes. Let it all sink in as you kneel down.” I started to push her.

Okay, here's some memorable moments for me.

"Listen, see, us commoners like to eat food that's bad for us. It's how we know we're still alive." - Velvet Step

My gaze shifted to Velour. He’d set down the Green Pegasus and picked up a white earth pony stallion. That stallion was either fighting with or not-cuddling the blue unicorn. - Silent Knight

You see, orange is the perfect color! It's the color of the sunrise and the sunset, which says, everything will be super okay! - Dream Pop

I went back to the beginning... I admit I couldn't remember much, but I hadn't read the re-write, so it wasn't a chore!

CW Sparks of the beginning
Jet Set hurried to the bottom of the stairs to call up after her, "Try not to discover any pesky talents while you're up there! We'd hate for you to be like everypony else!" - Jet Set

Reading was for nerds, and nerds weren't cool. Writing was for—she didn't even know who, but somepony worse than a nerd. - Crystal Wishes

Fading Moonlight
"Wait a minute, am I writing a love story, or am I just complaining about life?" - Crystal Wishes

High Hopes
"That's great!" she squealed. "I thought I was going to have to publish your stuff for you, but this is way better if you do it willingly!" - Velvet Step

Rendevous with Reality
 "Maybe I misunderstood my cutie mark, too. Maybe the slipper represents kicking your plot into gear." She winked. "Nicely, of course. Thus the pink." - Velvet Step

The Princess of the Knight
She cleared her throat and leaned back into her seat. "That aside, I do have something important to discuss on the matter of this novel, whether you end it my way or my way." - Raven Inkwell

At the Gala – The Second Dance
(Crystal Wishes and Raven Inkwell)
"Stop it! I can hear you thinking about laughing." A small pout tugged on Raven's lower lip. "Could you help me find him? I've given up on the return of my glasses at this point. I just want to find Moore."
"All right, all right." She giggled and started toward the castle. "Follow the blur."
Raven huffed as she walked just behind her. "From what little I can see, you're a very lovely blur tonight."

“I settled my left hoof on Verdant’s chest. Wait, hooves, not that. This is not what I had in mind. Then I leaned down and lightly kissed him. Yup, that was a stallion kiss.”
-Silent Knight

“You know I have a mare back home, right? Not that you’re not pretty, too, sir.”
By that point, all four of my hooves were around him and he’d been relegated to little spoon. “Shut up, Sergeant.”
“Yes, sir,” he replied with a chuckle.
-Thunder Tumble and Silent Knight

“There appears to be a mob gathering outside the gates. They are... singing... and dancing. They are also well choreographed. I don’t think they’re a threat,”
-Silent Knight

Also, I can’t find the “Fear vs Terror” quote, but I’m pretty sure it was from this series and I absolutely love that quote.

Iryerris
Group Admin

I mean, come on. Really, nobody thought of this one?

“Sit on my horn, sir.”

-Gray Maelstrom, Trials of Royal Guard, Chapter 14

Like, COME ON.

Also

“You know I have a mare back home, right? Not that you’re not pretty, too, sir.”

By that point, all four of my hooves were around him and he’d been relegated to little spoon. “Shut up, Sergeant.”

-Thunder Tumble and Silent Knight, Trials of Royal Gaurd, Chapter 11

I guess

Crystal Wishes
Group Admin

omg even I forgot about some of these
ty guys :heart:

Adding them to the new site now, keep 'em coming if anyone has any others :heart:

Do you have “Confess your sins!”, spoken by Crystal Wishes, AND Velvet Step, I believe.
That is the one quoteable I remembered. I didn’t include in my list it as it seemed to situational...but I enjoyed the places it showed.

Crystal Wishes
Group Admin

6422428 Added one of them from Rendezvous with Reality

"Stupid, honest mouth." —Silent Knight.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12