Quill and Blade 363 members · 61 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

Hey, everyone, I've got a little project I'd like to share with you!

Remember way back when, we Anzel and Crystal would sometimes do guest lectures on various writing subjects during their Live Events? Some months ago, I had the idea of doing a workshop about writing a mystery story and offered the idea to Crystal. I never got called to do it in a Live Event, sadly, though it may have been for the best, since it offered me more time to flesh out the idea.

Over the period of the last couple months, I've been working on and off on recording the workshop as a voice lecture. I finally completed it and finalized it into a single video just last Monday and officially published it to my YouTube! I've been looking forward to sharing this with you guys since I first came up with the idea, and now, I finally get the opportunity!

Have you ever read a really juicy whodunit and thought, "I'd like to do that, but I'm not sure where to start?" This vid is intended for writers like you to get an idea of how to start on your tale of deception, twists, turns, and clues, from the basics of worldbuilding a mystery story to planning out the crime to working through the investigation. It's not a professional work by any means, but I hope that you enjoy it and that it inspires some of you to try the genre!

Enjoy!

Josiah

Wow this is good advice for an aspiring mystery writer. I like how you put this together. You sounded like you knew what you were doing when putting this together.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2