The History 221 members · 161 stories
Comments ( 47 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 47
Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

I myself have no knowledge around here as I was offline the majority of it.

Operi Imperii I

4368133 Yeah? 2014 is when I first came on here XD

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368136 Well have a late welcome.

Welcome!

Operi Imperii I

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368189 No worries.

Operi Imperii I

Butterkeet
Group Contributor

4368133 14 was the age of the underground and the biggining of the rise of giants. In the wake of the RP ban people started trying to hide and thus smaller, more secretive groups were starting to be favoured over the big loud shiny ones. individuals also started becoming more popular and faster. This was only in the later days and is still yet to hit it's full swing today. Basically what was happening is that a few people with big bombastic personalities were bathing larger followings than the writers. This marks the site's transition into a more social experience.

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368270 Like patty cakes?

Operi Imperii I

Butterkeet
Group Contributor

4368284 Yup. Patty, and Eris, and Lilith (she actually came way before, but she is the original giant and thus gets included in this list), and those types. Almost all of them popped up right at the end of this era.

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368334 Ah, the reign of giants has come to end, hasn't it?

Operi Imperii I

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368307 :coolphoto:

Operi Imperii I

Butterkeet
Group Contributor

4368362 no, a few of the greats have fallen, sure, but newer and greater giants are still on the rise!

...I think

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368371 I know I'm slowly becoming well known but its mostly just as a well known commenter and Aussie Supremacist...

Operi Imperii I

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368392 :eeyup:

Operi Imperii I

4368396 What does Operi Imperii I Mean? Just curious ;P

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368401 Long live the Empire.

It's a reference to a user leaving the site and the death of her empire (The Domain).

Operi Imperii I

Butterkeet
Group Contributor

I have been trying to become one myself actually :twilightblush: I mean, I am the heir to the Discordia throne, admin of TGDTDWWWWWW, and the leader of a small cult so I have gotten myself a decent footing to grow from. I am still far from my goal though...

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368408 Yeah well I'm still in my infancy with followers. I have a small group who follow me but don't really care what I do so yeah, I'm that background user who says Operi Imperii I now.

Operi Imperii I

4368406 Awww....Kewl :)

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368422 Yeah, I'm getting users to say it but no one does.

Operi Imperii I

Ah, 2014... That was the year RP was banned, and I became a fugitive! The year when groups became more confusing. Also, that was my second year on fimfiction! wait... RP's were banned in '13? No, that was 14... I remember because i thought it was an April Fool's Joke!

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368428 Hmm... I am a fugitive as well.

Operi Imperii I

4368427 Really? That's strange.

Butterkeet
Group Contributor

Well may both of us one day reach giant status :twilightsmile:

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368456 Whats strange?

Operi Imperii I

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368458 Good luck.

Operi Imperii I

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368460 cools

Operi Imperii I

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368495 eh?

Operi Imperii I

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368530 :applejackconfused:

Operi Imperii I

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368560 Ok

Operi Imperii I

4368469 So... California's sort of screwed, ain't it?

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368618 california? Thats america right?

Operi Imperii I

4368270 Who are the other giants then?

Butterkeet
Group Contributor

4368633 well Eris, Patty, Lilith, and probably a couple more that I don't know yet

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368653 :rainbowkiss:

Operi Imperii I

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368898 :rainbowlaugh:

Operi Imperii I

4368629 Yep.

Going through a 3-year drought right now! Some say it's the start of a 100-year MEGADROUGHT!

Mega NewWays97
Group Admin

I only joined near the end of that year

4368133 With RP's banned, most people began to move to other sites to continue their RP experience. In the meantime, an update of character tags included Fleetfoot, Trenderhoof, and several other characters that had yet to recieve their own tag. Sometime later on, Twilight's parents recieved their own character tags as well.

For those not bothered by sensitive topics The original Padded Ponies and Adult Foals group, founded by ARBPW, shut down. A new group with the exact same name popped up, founded by Oliver England.

Reflecting the tensity derived from the sensationalism the same year, 2014 wasn't always a kind year to FIMFiction.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 47