The History 221 members · 161 stories
Comments ( 28 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 28
Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

The Era of the '13 is the Era of my joining and the Era of RP, it is also the Era when our lord knighty did the worst thing to this site: Ban RP! This ban of nuclear proportions drove many RP'ers and users into hiding and out of the site causing a mass exodus not seen since the fur's day massacre at 4Chan!

(Post in this thread all the Important times of fimfiction during Era '13)

It's been damned near two years already?
Huh.

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368116 Yep. It was causing 402 errors all over the place.

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368118 Yeah, was a shame when Knighty dropped the bomb.

I see RPers everywhere. Never actually got to do it meself though

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368132 Only small scale RP is ok. Like one or 2 comments messing around.

I'm talking whole groups/discussions or PM chats

Hell, I've seen users that completely dedicate themselves to RPing

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368143 PM chats are fine but whole groups still RPing? those are breaking site rules.

Butterkeet
Group Contributor

4368107 Well there was the rise and fall of the holy Mecca of RP itself, OC RP. That event seemed to span the entirety of the 13th age now that I think about it.

4368107 That's the year I joined! That's also the year I discovered "love and tolerate" is just another way of saying, "FUCK YOU! PONIES!"

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368442 nice.

Operi Imperii I

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368450 Cools.

Operi Imperii I

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368464 lol

Operi Imperii I

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368619 ok.

Operi Imperii I

Don't forget the rise of the HiE tyrant, Iron Gantlet his new rules caused an exodus this in turn caused The Group Dedicated To Doing Whatever We Want Whenever We Want to boom in population.

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4368810 Iron gauntlet? I thought it was Iron galley?

4368833 He changes his name a lot.

4368107 That was the year of the site swap! Where 50 people around the site swapped usernames and avatars and pretended to be one another!
That was the day I got to be Incognizer!

Besides the serious paranoia towards pretty much any new idea at the time, it was probably FIMFiction's best era. People here would often say exactly what they were thinking, but also didn't mind others say what they were thinking even if it was an opposing viewpoint, and people only swore for jokes. These days opposing viewpoints are often regarded as evil, and frequently curse and misuse obscure internet slang to insult each other...

Perhaps more accurately, forum behavior was at it's best, but times were perhaps the hardest for new writers like I was at the time.

4368107 RP is now allowed on this site again, but only in PMs.

AuTiSm
Group Admin

I joined in '13

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 28