#NotYourShield 70 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

... guys, Gamergate already 'won.' Most major gaming journalism outlets (even Kotaku) are undergoing a massive ethics and transparency reform (as of last month), and the ethically questionable practices Gamergate originally arose to oppose and protest are on their way out, and yet y'all just seem to be hanging around bashing anyone you can possibly label as SJWs or feminists or anything you can possibly latch onto.

#notyourshield didn't come into being to rant about how people labelled as 'SJWs', or feminists in particular, are horrible people who need to be rounded up and shot whatever. It came about because women and various minorities got tired of being used as a red herring by gaming journalists, who were claiming that Gamergate was about the "Five Guys" bullshit and hating on women (turned out all of the hoo-rah about that was a false flag game by them, rather than GG, for the most part). That is the actual problem.

Actual feminists fell firmly on the side of Gamergate, because, you know, exploiting women as an attempt to defend horribly corrupt journalism practices is a bad thing to do. That is what #notyourshield is and how it happened.

The only thing left to do is a) go home happy or b) flame the shit out of each other over "you're a SJW! :flutterrage:" and "you're a misogynist! :flutterrage:", which is not what #notyourshield was ever about. But I feel my message won't be really heard, because it looks like people would rather bash on stupid tumblrites to discredit everything they can than actually engage with people who think gender equality is a good idea.

Stay classy.

4319393 I don't even use Tumblr.

So this is news to me, :derpyderp1:

Tatsurou
Group Admin

I only use Tumblr to follow a few Tumblr comics I enjoy. I don't even know what "GamerGate" is.

The premise of the group said it was for minority groups to stand together and tell people they don't have the right to speak for us. That's why I joined, to support that idea. Other than one post in the "introduce yourself" thread, this is the only thing I've said in this group.

poisedanimeBloke
Group Admin

and yet y'all just seem to be hanging around bashing anyone you can possibly label as SJWs or feminists or anything you can possibly latch onto.

That's not why this group was made, really, but whatever you want to believe. If you plan on sticking around then do so, if you really feel the way you do then there is no reason to even be here, other than to bother the people who want to be here.

Damnit, I really hate being forced to do this.

This isn't really a trolling or shit posting thread. As far as I can tell this was a completely legit thread and not one made to just piss people.
*goes to take shower*

You in particular are posting multiple threads just to point and laugh at people you think are stupid or mentally ill or attention whores. That's not what #notyourshield is about.

Your posts, so far, are the biggest part of the problem I'm seeing on this forum.

poisedanimeBloke
Group Admin

When did I say it was?

What? What the fuck? No. Not even fucking close. Stop talking out of your ass. Those threads are about people who use the mentally ill to get attention, not about them being mentally ill or stupid. In fact, guess what? I said I was alright with people trying to get attention. So again, not. Even. Close.

If that's what you meant, it might be worth looking into how you come across.

*shrug*

I've said what I'm going to.

The overall tone and the word choice here:

other than to bother the people who want to be here.

Just made it come off to me as you viewing this thread as just another post along the lines of Happy and the nazi pony oc and due for an imminent lock is all.

poisedanimeBloke
Group Admin

It doesn't even fucking matter. I'm leaving this shit hole. All it has done is turned me into a target for pieces of shit like you. This is what I fucking deserve for trying to do something I think is good.

God fucking damnit.

*looks at the replies going back and forth*

Geez... this conversation is like the "Humans are Superior" group all over again. Er, did I say too much?

I'm changing the direction of this group. I simply got tired of being one the people who got used as a shield against criticism and apparently to dishonest journalist and Tumblr SJWs, didn't know what was best for me, which actually happens on both FIMFic and on Tumblr. I hoped it would bring us all together, since most of us feel that we can speak for ourselves, but I unintentionally made the opening page to aggressive, I only mentioned GamerGate because people would get an idea of an example of what I was talking about and realize that this group wasn't totally irrelevant. However, I realize that if GamerGate already won, then bringing attention to GamerGate is what's really irrelevant, not simply bringing to attention that all people are strong enough to speak for themselves.

While we're mostly not supposed to talk to each other, I don't feel it's out of line to inform you that I feel this is reasonable.

And I know I shouldn't speak to you either, but thank you, that means a lot to me.

This is what I fucking deserve

At least this part's true.

Have fun.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15