Sugar Belle 296 members · 73 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
Summer Dancer
Group Admin

Those Kids In The Corner and I have voted, see the winning banner for the group! Thanks to all for your submissions!

Glad you like it! That was one of the better versions I did...

Thanks!
--arcum42

Yay, I love it!

Summer Dancer
Group Admin

4326110 Thanks so much for your submission. Fantastic job, by the way. :pinkiehappy:

4327989 4326110
So, have you all seen the new site update that changed group icons from 100 to 256 pixels? It seems to have had the unfortunate side-effect of messing up the visibility of some group banners. For this group in particular, it's covered up most of the markless Sugar Belle we have on our left side.

Given that the Sugar Belle in the icon is now so much larger, maybe a new banner with the left side blank and markless Sugar Belle on the right would be a better choice. Something sort of like this maybe...

I'll take a look when I get a chance. I've had to update icons on more than a dozen groups because of this, unfortunately.

--arcum42

Take your time. Equal Sugar Belle is cute mostly for her hairstyle and facial expression, not her flank. We can still see that on Unequal Sugar Belle.

It's not just that her flank is hidden. Nearly her whole body is now covered up by the group icon.

I'm not saying it dosn't need to be fixed. I'm just saying it's not horrid, and I'm sure other banners are. It's a suggestion of priority, not an absolute.

Yeah, I can imagine it'd be something of a problem for a lot of groups. As one of the group admins over in the Lunaverse I already had to spend a while rearranging that banner so everything fit correctly again. Although, the larger group icons wouldn't be all that bad, if they where just maybe positioned better.

Unfortunately, only the site admins could fix that.

Since I still had the blank background copy around, and the vectors, I tried redoing it and doing the text in the same program rather than the website I'd been using to add it. Some of the font options weren't there, so this is somewhat different. (I could go back to the website to redo the text, really. I'm just tired of having to recreate text every time I change something.)

http://i.imgur.com/iGIGJs0.png

--arcum42

Well, in my aesthetic opinion it'd probably be okay if Sugar Belle's tail was behind the icon and it would also help alleviate the blank space in the upper left corner... but of course it's not my choice to make either way. While we're considering things, however, it's possibly also worth looking at some of the new vectors that have popped up since the original banner was created.

It's too bad there isn't a vectorized version of the below image though, as I think it and the muffin tray one above would work real nice together.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14