Silver Verse 184 members · 40 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22

Finished reading the two first fic's and ended up in chapter 38 of putting on silver robe that leads me to anothe path of the story

Want to make sure what is the right structure

Comment posted by kris664 deleted Aug 2nd, 2016

5400194 I took the next story, it also says at the end of the end fic that you can just go back and read it, but this is basically a choose your path point, so you choose if you continue on in that story or go to the next one.

5400194 It probably makes the most sense to read Silver Stars before continuing with Silver Robe since that's the chronological order, and later on in Robe there are some references to Stars (although not too many, and it's mostly about how things are different).

David Silver
Group Admin

5400194 It can get dark in there, but if you want it right, read on. If not, skip it. The story works right without it.

I recommend following the the outer loop all the way out to the end. On the other hand it IS totally optional. All you'll miss is how doomy the prophesy really is. Also wanna read One Step and Pink Step. Those are more Outverse/Silver-multiverse, but still optionally relevant.

If you want to understand what's going on in Silver's head, understand why he makes a few strange decisions, and figure out why the characters all seem to be a bit on edge... read Silver Stars before continuing on.

If you want to have the knee jerk, "WTF is wrong with Silver" reaction that Night and a few others have to struggle through, to have Silver's confusion, and to feel it more from an outside perspective... like an observer rather than a participant...... continue on and come back to Silver Stars.

I had the same confusion until I saw some of the comments mentioning the other story.

My opinion: You really can't learn the full depth of Silver's character without reading it in the order it was written.

As the author warned, there are dark times and light times and decidedly nature times to be found. Don't worry though, it all comes up rainbows in the end. :twilightsmile:

so its:
1. Clueless in Equestria
2. Every Cloud has a Silver Lining
3. Putting on a Silver Robe and Wizard Hat (up to ch38)
3.1 The Silver Stars
3.2 Beneath a Silver Sky
3. Putting on a Silver Robe and Wizard Hat (from ch39)

David Silver
Group Admin

5401330 That looks right. How goes the reading?

5418236 beneat a silver sky ch127

David Silver
Group Admin

5418893 You are making good progress.

5418948 finished beneat silver. Forgot what's the correct chapter in silver stars...

David Silver
Group Admin

5420977 The one you didn't read, of course? :D

there is a chpater split when silver goes with celestia in "The Silver Stars" to "Beneath a Silver Sky"
i don't read with the website but a book reader and have the problem of getting my phone (also used as reader) reseting so i don't know when i switched

in "Putting on a Silver Robe and Wizard Hat" it splits in ch38
don't remember where is splits "The Silver Stars"

David Silver
Group Admin

5421069 It's in chapter 107, aborted.

5421544 :pinkiecrazy: back to reading... the whole verse... never thought i will go for another long one after the chase

David Silver
Group Admin

5421643 I'm poking again, cruel and monstrous.

5464740 no need to poke, finished the silver. reading One Hallway, Many Doors at the moment

David Silver
Group Admin

5464803 There are moments to not poke?!

My life is a lie...

5464808 reality is a lie, life is a lie
you don't need to poke as you are already poking, poking more doesn't change the flow of poke :rainbowhuh:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22