Twinkleshine 151 members · 64 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

Twinkleshine teaches the unseen lower-grade class at Ponyville School.

The episode "Twilight Time" shows many more foals than we've ever seen at school:

This many to be exact. Well, except Babs. And probably Zippoorwhill. This is most of them though. (Image by the awesome punzil504)

Since all the foals in Miss Cheerilee's class seem to be familiar with them, and since there doesn't appear to be any other school in Ponyville, it's a fair conclusion that they all go to the same school. But, since Miss Cheerilee can't teach two classes, there must be another teacher.

And that teacher is Miss Twinkleshine.

Why? Well, I was writing a silly self-insert story ages ago, and I needed somepony to be the second teacher. Twinkleshine seemed a perfect choice. Her name is somewhat cutesy like Cheerilee's - perhaps more so, which is great for somepony who teaches younger foals. It also conveys the idea of education (a pony who makes her students shine). I imagined that she left Canterlot shortly after the first episode to teach in Ponyville, so by the time of "Twilight Time", she's been there for a few years. She's a lot younger and less experienced than Cheerilee and defers to her in most matters, but is an effective educator nonetheless.

[/headcanon_end]

Manaphy
Group Admin

4132093 That's an interesting headcanon and one that I could see working. I like it. Thank you for sharing it with us. :twilightsmile:

I'll buy that.

And yeah, that's a lot of foals in town... especially when you consider that Miss Cheerilee's classroom started out with just nine desks, and even after an off-screen expansion still had only a dozen.

It took me a second viewing of Friendship is Witchcraft for this line from Diamond Tiara to sink in:

DIAMOND TIARA: "The entire school is going to be attending, so if you two don't show up, then the other seven of us are going to mock you endlessly."

:rainbowlaugh:

Derpator
Group Admin

Yep. Totally not stealing that.

[obligatory Donut Steel joke] ^^

if you do, let me know, cause I wanna read it!

They broke my headcanon

Such is the way of headcanons.

The headcanon is dead! Long live the headcanon!

Off with her head(canon)!

Personally, I always think of Twinkleshine as an astronomer (a la The Moon's Apprentice) but this headcanon is adorable too.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12