The Wonderverse 267 members · 52 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Yes you read that correctly. Today I'm matching up the Posse to some of the most famous flying machines of the Second World War.

Big thanks to Jim Hoxworth, who helped me figure out the pairings.

#1: Calm Wind is the PBY Catalina

The PBY Catalina was primarily used by the U.S. Navy as a rescue aircraft for downed fighter pilots and bomber crews. But it served a limited use as a makeshift bomber. I match this with Calm since it's big, blue, and can pack a punch.

#2: PlayBitz is the Stuka Dive Bomber

The Stuka was used by the Luftwaffe, and was a terrifying weapon in the early stages of the war. Not only was it excellent at bombing, it was also equipped with a wailing siren that struck fear into the hearts of any troops unlucky enough to fall under it's shadow. I pair this with PlayBitz since free falling/diving is his thing, and he uses his words to gain an edge on his opponent. Like how the Stuka uses the siren to intimidate the enemy.

#3: Azure_Shadow is the P-61 Black Widow

The P-61 Black Widow was a night fighter used by the U.S. Army Air Forces. It was made specifically for taking enemy fighters by surprise in the dead of night, and was very good at what it did. I pair this plane up with Azure simply because he's the stealthy pony out of the Posse, and he's darkly colored like the P-61.

#4: Kestrel is the Polikarpov I-16

The Polikarpov I-16 was a revolutionary Russian fighter, being the first in the world to feature both a low-wing design and retractable landing gear. It's small, making it a hard target to hit. I pair this up with Kestrel for the simple fact that they are both small. Plus, the I-16 was an innovative design. Like how Rivet is always innovating in his workshop.

#5: Shine Struck is the Supermarine Spitfire:

The Spitfire was hands down one of the best fighters of the war. It was maneuverable, and could wreck an opponent with it's high caliber cannons. There were many different variants made, but they all retained the ingenuity of this design. I match this plane with Shine because she's a martial artist. She's quick, and can pack a punch while she's at it. Perfect match for the Spitfire.

So, me and Jim were going to do the Troll Squad next. But we decided it be best if I catch up first on the story. So for now, this will do.
I hope enjoyed reading. Let me know what warplane you think best fits you.

Aim High, Thunder Bolt.

Some War Thunder shots I see.

Kestrel
Group Contributor

*sigh* I'm not that small -___-

5598107 If I had to pick one I would probably say the B-17 Flying Fortress.

5598125 :rainbowlaugh: Meh... I was actually thinking of Rivet when I made that pairing.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5