The Skeptics’ Guide to Equestria 60 members · 79 stories
Comments ( 118 )
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 118
Walabio
Group Admin

In the USA, if we would just bring back the taxsystem we had in the 1960s (the last full decade we had before Republicans decided to live large now, even if it wrecks the country later), our annual deficit and growing debt would change to an annual surplus and a shrinking debt.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7954039 I think we'd be better off it the countries were run by children. Like, this is a first-grade math problem.

Walabio
Group Admin

¡Yes indeed!

Walabio
Group Admin

¡My new SocialSecurityCard (SSCard (ẞCard)) arrived!:

The new card at least has IntaglioPrinting and iridescent Ink changing color from green to gold like currency. Unlike currency, it does not have a WaterMark or SecurityStrip. Also not in it are a ContactChip or RFID. ContactChips and RFIDs are things one finds in CreditDebit-Crads along with HoloGrams, but it lacks an HoloGram too.. It is also not laminated. Considering that is is what passes for national I D in the USA, one would figure that it would have a photograph, but no.

On another note, the App for ClipperCard (the TransitCard for trains, buses, trains, little CableCards that go half-way to the Stars, ferries, et cetera), is so unusable (in the 2000s, Clipper created the App, released a buggy beta, decided that the App was good enough, and never updated it) that I shall buy a new ClipperCard.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7955006 A mere library card sounds more secure than USA ID.

Either way, there's nothing stopping you from getting a job now. Happy hunting.

Walabio
Group Admin

I LibraryCard is more secure, as for JobHunting, I move in less than a fortnight. Right now, I have to decide what to pack or donate. Then I have to pack and donate. Then I have to move. Then I have to unpack. I shall look for a job at the end of the month in the city of my new home.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7955010 I was on an interview for an extra job today. It's 50/50. I might be doing 2 jobs if it all pans out. We'll see.

I hope you score big as well.

Walabio
Group Admin

I take it that they are not both 12-hour shifts. ¡Good Luck!

By the way, I had a farewell dinner with coworkers today. I learned that loosing my job cost them a myriad dollars, or as much money as they would loose from me oversleeping twice a week for 20 years:

When I began to get so fatigued that I could sometimes slep through my alarm, I asked to be transfered to salvage because it was not 1 one the positions which must be crewed to open (everyone would not have to wait on my before starting).

Salvage recovers usable material from damaged product.

Even as fatigued as I was from working 12-hour days for 6 years, I was usually late only twice a week by usually only 5 minutes —— ¡when they fired me, they said that if I would be late just once a week, even through I am only allowed to me late 3 times in 28 days, but they could not overlook being late twice weekly!

The company figures that 1 minute of work earns it 1 dollar.

he thing about salvage is that it is out of sight and out of mind.

¡The salvage piled up until they had to dump it costing them 10,000.00 U$D! At a minute being worth a dollar, being late 5 minutes twice a week, if they would not fired me, it would take 20 years before I would cost them for firing me.

I know very well 1st-hand that salvage is out-of-sight-out-of-mind, but when firing someone, one should make certain that the work gets done. After dumping all of that product, they hired a new SalvageWorker, but that does not change the fact that they wasted a myriad dollars.

I should not gloat too much, because I put more money than that into the "MassageParlor" of my girlfriend, but the city closed it; so now, all of that money, I spent, is just as wasted as the money, the company, lost on dumping salvage.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7955051 I used to be able to work from dawn to dusk, but those days are in the past.

In your case, one thing to note is that your lateness could spread and others would start cumming late as well. That could potentially ruin the company. Perhaps they wanted to make an example out of you.

The shower that you installed will probably be in use in some way or another. Perhaps not for what you intended, but it's still a functional shower.

Walabio
Group Admin

> "I used to be able to work from dawn to dusk, but those days are in the past."

You are only draconian.

> "In your case, one thing to note is that your lateness could spread and others would start cumming late as well. That could potentially ruin the company. Perhaps they wanted to make an example out of you."

I doubt it:

Because of fixed cost, the company saves money working 12-hour shifts, even with the OverTmePay (¿do you have OverTimePay in Slovenia). When the employees burnout after half a decade or so and either quit like Ada did or get fired for tardiness like I did, the company just hires new workers and works them to quitting or firing too. When I met up with my coworkers at the farewell dinner, they all said that they look for new jobs and plan to quit before the end of the year because they all are burning out under the 12-hour days. The company will just hire replacements.

> "The shower that you installed will probably be in use in some way or another. Perhaps not for what you intended, but it's still a functional shower."

No:

When the city "temporarily" suspended our license, the inspector said that the shower was not upto code and had to go —— ¡I believe that she lied! We spent an additional grand ripping it out and putting things back the way they were. Now, until we move, we have to buy memberships at a gym and shower there. Now after spending several thousand dollars on the MssageParlor, the city says that we can never reopen as a massageparlor —— ¡the city jerked us around!

¡The shower is gone! ¡Nopony can use it because it does not exist anymore!

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7955069 I think overtime pay is everywhere. Okay, maybe not in China.

The bottom line is, the company can do whatever it wants. Having a job is not a right, it's a privilege.

As for the shower, perhaps one day it will live again. At least now there's a hole in the concrete.

As for future showers, a simple hose that you can connect to a pipe can do as good of a job as a shower can.

Walabio
Group Admin

I bought a new ClipperCard today. Although one can only put 20.00 U$D, 40.00 U$D, or 60.00 U$D, when one buys a card, they cost 3.00 U$D and one can put 5.00 U$D, 10.00 U$D, 15.00 U$D, 20.00 U$D, 40.00 U$D, or 60.00 U$D on it when one buys a new card.

Since last time, I put 60.00 U$D on the last card so that I would not have to recharge it for many months, and then lost it with over 70 dollars on it, I decided to only put 15.00 U$D for a total of 18.00 (15.00 U$D plus 3.00 U$D for the card). I plan to recharge it with the minimum 20.00 U$D when the card drops down to a single-digit number of dollars. That way, I can never loose more than twenty something dollars.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7955358 You're all set then. Just have to move and find a job. The future might be bright.

Walabio
Group Admin

Speaking about jobs, either ¿did you get the job? or ¿do you still not know?

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7955549 I won't know for sure for several months, but the meeting went very well. I'm fine either way since I already have a job. If they manage to find a different candidate, more power to them.

Walabio
Group Admin

¡Good Luck!

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7955552 I make my own luck. :rainbowwild:

Walabio
Group Admin

¡Good for you!

• Viewing 101 - 150 of 118