The Skeptics’ Guide to Equestria 60 members · 79 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Walabio
Group Admin

Although her mother is fully vaccinated, considering that she, her mother, is in hospice, she, her mother, is very susceptible to infection. 1 thing for protecting the vulnerable is having those around them fully vaccinated —— ¡I did not let anyone not fully vaccinated near my mother when she was in hospice!

The clinic in my town gets its vaccines against the new versions of SARS-CoV-2 the 1st week of October. Unfortunately, that is too late for me; I must have got the 'Rona at lunch at work because that is the only time I unmask —— ¡it is hard to eat through a mask! —— (being fully vaccinated, my illness started off mild and because I started Paxlovid (a cocktail of the antivirals Nirmatrelvir and Ritonavir), is now asymptomatic. I tested positive, on Monday. I got a PhoneAppointment with my Doctrix, TuesdayMorning, On TuesdayAfternoon, I got Paxlovid. I took the 1st dose, immediately. On WednesdayMorning (today), I awoke with no symptoms of CoViD-19, but with MusclePain, which is a side effect of Paxlovid. I go back to work next, on next Monday.

¡Remember to get all of your vaccinations!

NachoTheBrony
Group Admin

I continue to insist that you drop the braindead GF. She's bad for your blood pressure.

Walabio
Group Admin

You might be right.

Post Scriptum:

Now I do not even have the side effects of Palovid:

¡Science is great!

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7885838 She might be good for some exercise, though.

7885066 You may have got Rona, but you were prepared for this fight. If you weren't you might have ended up like your lungless GF.

NachoTheBrony
Group Admin

By the way, are you a little high on the site structure? By Chatoyance's latest rant, it sounds like the site was wide open to intrusion, but I'm guessing it was just somebody brute-forcing her password. Any word on it?

Walabio
Group Admin

Yes, my infection was mild:

The virus had to contend with antibodies weakly binding to it. Unfortunately, the new and improved SARS-CoV-2 has over 30 new mutations on the SpikeProtein.

The Paxlovid stoped viral reproduction and I made B-Cells. To top it all off, I receive vaccination against the 2023-Variants 1,2023-11-01 HE. After that I shall make even more Memory-B-Cells against it and get better 5G-Reception:

Speaking about G5-reception, the case of my phone (which is preG5), which saved my phone from damage when the car hit me, finally fell apart (if not for the tears in it the accident started and then grew, it probably would still be fine). I got a new case for mine iPhone 6S Plus. The phone is 8-years old and has 1 replacement battery (the original lasted until earlier this year) and is on its 2nd case. This brings up an important question:

⸘Why the buck do drooling morons waste a thousand dollars on a new phone every year instead of using 1 thousand-dollar phone for a decade‽

The idiots throw away money. Over 8 years, I with the original case —— ¡the phone did not come with a case! ——, the new case, and the replacement battery, I spent less than an hundred dollars extra on the phone. Amortizing the costs, buying a new phone annually costs an extra thousand annually. I plan to spend less than an hundred dollars an year on phones, after amortizing costs.

To bring this back to my girlfriend, she once asked me for a new phone, even though nothing is wrong with hers and it is both younger and a later model. I told her no, but bought for her a new cause so that it could last longer. For unknown, reasons, she did not appreciate the case.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7885860 From the thread itself, it's evident that no intrusion took place. Chatoyance sent PM to a person and that person posted it.

7885868 I haven't bought a cellphone for a decade now and have like 3 cellphones in reserve if my current one gives up on me.

If I'll ever have a need for a good phone, I'll use a computer instead.

Walabio
Group Admin

You are fugal:

If somepony call one, niggardly, cheap, a cheapskate, miserly, a miser, a Scrooge, et al,; one should take it as a complement because they all mean frugal.

NachoTheBrony
Group Admin

So, Chatty is being the same shrill as ever. Thanks.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9