The Skeptics’ Guide to Equestria 60 members · 82 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Walabio
Group Admin

I live in the United States of America. Much of the country is in lookdown. If we remove lookdown, maybe a 2 hundred million people will catch CoViD19 and 2 million die. If we remain in lockdown, we will all go bust. I got a reminder of this today when I friend cold-called me looking for business:

She is a prostitute. This pandemic has ruined her business. She really needs money. She shall visit me Thursday

I propose ramping up testing and tracing so that we can quarantine those with CoViD19 and those exposed to it while the rest of us go back to work. We should be able to get about 90% of the workforce active again. Some additional spreading is inevitable, but it would probably be only about 10 million more infections and 100 thousand more deaths before we get a vaccine.

As for prostitution, I imagine that, until we get a vaccine, SafeSex will include both the prostitute and the client wearing a mask and NitrileGloves.

NachoTheBrony
Group Admin

You could also try the "milkmaids & smallpox" method for vaccination:
(Of course, do it at your own risk)

1. You obtain infected material. (A tissue with snot or spit should suffice.)
  2. You try to weaken it without killing it. Pasteur, if I remember correctly, discovered the method when he filled a syringe with rabid drool, stared at it in terror for a week, and some opponent of his methods injected himself with the whole thing. You may wish to add a little more humidity to the tissue (make it properly damp) before sealing it in a plastic bag for a day or two. Shred the tissue inside the bag and rub it all on itself if you would need to apply this one to several people.
  3. After the wait, you score about a square centimetre of your skin. You need to erode the epidermis until you begin to see blood. (Try scratching yourself with a wood saw. Faster and safer than a knife, and nowhere as tortuous as sandpaper.) Apply a piece of the contaminated tissue to the scored skin and rub it in. Wrap the area without disinfecting.
  4. Continue your quarantine for the next two weeks. If you're lucky, you have been vaccinated. If you aren't, you'll get COVID-19 on your spleen (which seems to be a much less severe version than the lung one.)
Walabio
Group Admin

I shall think about your idea for homemade vaccine, but frankly, I lean against it.

NachoTheBrony
Group Admin

My Mum and I are totally going for it as soon as we can get a sample. We're cynical enough to know that we won't be getting a proper vaccine on time. Better to roll the old 20-sided dice and risk a Nat-1 than to live in fear for most of 2020.

Walabio
Group Admin
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5