The Skeptics’ Guide to Equestria 60 members · 82 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Walabio
Group Admin

As you probably do not remember, my conversation with the ticket-taker for the movie “My Little Pony” gave me material for several posts. This is another 1:

She was in a PunkRockBand who played for the People’s Temple. A man named Jim Jones founded the People’s Temple. He claimed that an invisible skydaddy exist. Be claimed that the invisible skydaddy backs up our memories, so that when we die, rather than seizing to exist, our minds exist in 1 of 2 simulations; 1 very good, and the other very bad. He claimed that if his followers follow his directions, he can guarantee that one will end up in the good place.

Given that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, Jim Jones must have presented extraordinary evidence, but no:

¡Jim Jones presented no evidence!

He and his followers went to Guyana, murdered Congressman Leo Ryan, and then committed mass-suicide/homicide. 918 people dies. This is the origin of the saying ¡Do not drink the Grape-Flavored FlavorAid! because most of the victims drank poisoned Grape-Flavored FlavorAid. In order to make certain that the children would die, their parents poisoned them 1st.

¡All of those people died because they believed claims without evidence!

Charles Manson just died. He started a similar group which made claims without evidence. His followers conspired to commit at least 7 murders.

¡Do not believe claims without evidence! ¡Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence!

I can't help but feel sorry for the poor theater employee. She's just standing there, doing her job, and you come up and start an argument. Were there people behind you in line? How about other people in the area who just didn't want their day disturbed? Honestly.

Walabio
Group Admin

That is not what happened. I I predicted, none remember, but she wanted to know why adult men want to see the PonyMovie. I explained why and we had an extremely interesting conversation about theaters their soundsystems (that is when she brought up her PunkRockBand) and whether theaters can compete against hometheaters and whether one needs a real hometheater, or just a 4 or 5 K-monitor, headphones, and a subwoofer under the chair. I can probably make 1 more post from that single conversation.

Her band only played for the People’s Temple. She was not a member, which is why she is alive now instead of dying from drinking poisoned Grape-Flavored FlavorAid.

I could probably make 1 more post about the troubles of theaters in the modern era and whast they need to do in order to compete (that post will pointout irrational shortsighted things theaters do now which might kill them later).

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3