Use our OCs! 332 members · 365 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23

This was actually the first oc I ever created, back when I was still new to the fandom. She was originally going to be a 1 and done for an rp, but I kinda grew attatched to her.

Name: Bella

Species: Changeling

Appearance: Like any other changeling before the reformation, but can change at will. But her favorite disguise is a pegasus mare with a midnight blue coat, and a yellow mane.

Personality: Kind hearted, but headstrong and quick to act without thinking.

Backstory: Bella was an obedient drone like any other, until Chrysalis revealed her plan to invade Canterlot. She knew it was going too far, and defied the Queen. She never stood a chance. Broken, battered and bruised, she was thrown out of the hive and left for dead. Despite the odds, she survived and made her way to Ponyville where she has hidden out ever since.

I haven't created her reformed form yet, but the story I'm working on should work it in. Ok, so as far as what types of stories are ok, I say anything goes. all I ask is that you credit me for her.

Any update on this oc?

Well, nothing yet, but I've been out of it lately.I've been meaning to get back into working on the story, but it's been slow.

6803252 Why is she hiding in Ponyville?

Getting a lot of interest all of a sudden. Welk, the idea I'm working with at the moment is she went from town to town, just staying on the road til she eventually ended up in Ponyville If you go by yhe story I was workingon,, a friend she made in town ended up convincing her to stick around. Eventually ending up with them finding out her secret and helping her stay hidden. The rest of it was kind of a work in progress.

7446630 How did she survive before that? Did she feed without the victim's consent?

This is why I'm in a writer slump. I keep running into complications. Not saying you shouldn't ask such things, pointing out such plotholes helps if anything. What I mean is that I'm good with ideas, not so much with the execution.

7446660 If you want to make her good, you could have her feed only on evil changelings. It's canon that a changeling can suck another changeling.

And you could have her utter phrases like, "Fighting monsters is the only thing keeping me from becoming one."

:pinkiegasp: Wow, you're good at this.

But that makes her either sound desperate, or sound vicious or careless. It kinda goes against the Bella personality isn't it?

7446681 Well, she is desperate. Changelings need to feed, it's in their nature. No matter how good she is, she cannot escape her nature.

And just the way she stood up to Chrysalis, she stands up against the evil remains of the hive.

Standing by while evil is ahoof is evil of itself. But Bella doesn't tolerate evil. She fights evil.

Yet no matter how much she fights on the outside, it's nothing compared to the fight within herself.

1. She isn't fighting evil. It says nothing about evil. More like she has boundries/limits to how far she'll go.
2. As far as I know changeling don't actually need to feed on others if they don't have too, they can eat normally like any other ponies. It's just a substitute food source. (If you point out Thorax, he is only having problems with getting food because he can't just go in the empire and get some cause of the princess and prince past trauma, and it's difficult to find food in the Frozen North cause of not many creatures living there or in their homes especially when it blizzards.)

she has boundries/limits to how far she'll go.

And standing about, doing nothing in the presence of evil is over the limit.

It wasn't food Thorax was craving for in the show.

The love emotion is food to them.

7446726 Indeed. And it's much more moral to take it away from monsters than from innocent ponies.

There's no moral's in it either way. Changeling aren't monsters, it's like calling ponies monsters without explicate reasons as to why.

Yes Chrysalis did plan to do that but you can't blame every changeling just because of one person, the changeling only did what the queen wants them to do because they too will starve if they don't get something to eat. With where they're homeland that doesn't have any plant life or no animals roaming around to feed off love from, they had to go and get some.

7446783 I could even agree with you about the reformed changelings.

With the classic changelings, though, most of them were kind of evil. It felt like taking from others was inherent to them.

Personally, I don't like vegetarian wolves that start off vegetarian from the get-go. That's why I didn't like the Thorax backstory, either. At least they could have Chrysalis drop her egg by accident, causing him brain damage, or something. But the show offered no explanation why Thorax was the way he was, and that always bothered me. It would be unfortunate if Bella had the same problem.

I'm glad my first Oc can bring out such a discussion. While it's what close to what I had planned for my story, it is an interesting angle. I wouldn't be opposed to someone using her in such an idea.

I meant before the changeling reformed. As for Thorax backstory, I don't mind him just being the odd one. And after reformation; the changeling can be more expressive without Chrysalis around, it's probably her that cause the badland from growing plantlife (wouldn't know why though).

And thank you.

What is her appearance? You told us colors and species but not any details on what style of mane and tail she has or her eye color, etc.

I uh, never really put much thought into it, tbh.:twilightblush: I'm still even deciding what her disguise's cutie mark would be. I just can't seem to decide.

You'll discover it someday.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23