Use our OCs! 332 members · 361 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
Professor Tacitus
Group Contributor

Name: Tacitus
Race: Unicorn

Cutie Mark Explanation: His Mark is inspired by the real-life Egyptian symbol the Eye of Horus, which symbolized magical protection against evil. In the MLP verse, it is the Eye of Horsus from the Equyptian civilization, and for him symbolizes his love of ancient civilizations and his talent for magic.
Notes: Born and raised in Canterlot, Tacitus was, and still is to an extent, quite introverted and focused on his passion for the studies of history. A prodigy in the field, he graduated young from Equestria University and became the Professor of history, specializing in ancient civilizations and making many great discoveries in his time. His trademark flat cap and scarf belonged to his father Hippocrates and his mother Minerva respectively, who have both died following a terrible illness. He now resides in Ponyville where he is the assistant teacher to Cheerilee.
Tacitus is a very gentle and kind pony, the model of a gentlecolt. He is very intelligent in the field of history, but is very average in other fields; except for science, in which he is absolutely terrible. He is quite talented with magic, almost but not quite as good as Twilight, which stems from studying the great sorcerers of history. He has a particularly soft spot for foals, and his love for his friends could move mountains (as well as drop them on those that would hurt them). While normally calm and friendly, his composure can be shattered if the right buttons are pressed. Touching his hat or scarf without his permission, threatening or harming his friends, or speaking ill of his parents can cause him to lose control of his anger, possibly bringing harm to both the source of the anger and to himself. Above all else, he has a fear of failure and of losing those close to him, which can be crippling at times. He will do anything to keep his loved ones safe, even giving up his own life.

I'm good with Tacitus being used in pretty much any story, so long as my permission is asked first.

Glad to see him here:pinkiehappy:

Professor Tacitus
Group Contributor

4108935 yeah, sorry I didn't join sooner :pinkiehappy:

4108627 He's being used in my story now :twilightsmile:

Professor Tacitus
Group Contributor

4109440 Indeed he is :pinkiesmile:
I honestly didn't know about this group until recently, otherwise I would have posted this a long time ago to help you and others in using him.

4109452 Well good thing you discovered it now.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7