Wrestling Fans 37 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
Prak
Group Admin

Hello. My name is Prak, and I'll be your admin today.

Like anyone else who's found their way here, my interests include ponies and watching sweaty dudes grope each other in a ring. I've been watching wrestling off-and-on since about 1995. My favorite wrestlers include Prince Devitt, Seth Rollins, Chris Jericho, Mick Foley, and Ric Flair.

I'm not actually that big a fan these days, but my dad and I used to watch WCW quite a bit back in its heyday. And I occasionally find myself tracking down news about (non-kayfabe) goings on even today. A very big second for Mick Foley and Ric Flair, and I was a huge Sting fan when I was younger. So let's just say I'm pretty excited to find out what happens over the next couple months, even if I probably won't watch much of it on TV as it happens.

Prak
Group Admin

That's pretty much the same as my story. I watched WCW with my dad and brothers. We all lost interest in it around 1998-1999, though. From time to time, I would check in the most major (i.e. easily accessible) promotions to see what the state of the business is like, but I never stuck around until about a year and a half ago. Since then, I've watched WWE programming pretty regularly, and I've managed to catch some shows from other promotions.

The stories aren't particularly good right now, and the booking can be a joke, but the level of talent is as high as I've ever seen. Plus, watching the internet fan community is always amusing.

I don't know exactly what your avatar is, but it looks a bit like an angry Shaolin monk. That's much more my speed these days. I love choreographed fighting, possibly thanks to all that WCW, and I've kind of turned into a huge Chinese martial arts movie fan because of it.

I'm kind of guessing that's not what your avatar is, though, because it looks a bit like an angry Shaolin monk holding up a chainsaw that says "ORC-B-GONE" on it. And that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Prak
Group Admin

It's from a movie: The Gamers: Dorkness Rising. He's a D&D character (a monk, as you guessed) wielding a weapon from the Munchkin card game. It's just as ridiculous in context as it is out of context.

Seriously, that movie is hilarious, and you should totally see it if you've ever played a tabletop RPG.

Hi.

Goldberg for the win.

You know, I went into Gamers: Dorkness Rising expecting to roll my eyes a lot, but that film impressed me. For its budget, it's legitimately good. I actually really enjoyed it.

It's funny that this group has popped up right now. I just happen to be writing a wrestling-related MLP story right now. Now I'll have a place to put it when and if I ever finish it.

I grew up watching WWF, with occasional viewings of WCW and NWA. I watched fairly religiously up through about 2005. The product got so bland at that point that I quit. After a few months of those special guest hosts every week I couldn't deal anymore. That NXT revolution thing looked like it was going to be hot for a minute, but they dialed back on it. I threw in the towel. I don't have cable anymore, so I can't check it out even if I wanted to. Well, I could probably figure some internet deal out, but I haven't cared enough.

I got into TNA and Ring of Honor pretty heavily for a while there, too. I loved the hell out of Ring of Honor, even with their crap announcing.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7