You Might Like This 263 members · 41 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Minds Eye
Group Admin

As always, you can find these stories, and all stories I've added to this group, on my personal bookshelf here.

WEEK ONE

Taking a Hint

Adorableness with a human Octavia and a cat-sized pony Vinyl Scratch. Frankly, there's nothing else I can type here that can convince you to read that story. It's Octavia searching her house for her favorite skirt, and thinking Vinyl hid it from her. Cute premise with cute writing and not a whole lot else to it.

Adaptation

Oh, how I loved this premise. Rarity, in a fit of inspiration to improve one of Sweetie Belle's fairy tales, performs her own take on it in front of her friends one by one. Each one offers their own unique take on it, and Rarity learns a thing or two from the childish tradition of storytelling. A fine story all around, and a pleasant example of RariJack to boot.

Minds Eye
Group Admin

WEEK TWO
What's the Sound of Two Mimes Dating?

Sweet story between a pretty popular ship. Fluttershy and Big Mac are dating, and no pony can quite figure out what they talk about.

And the answer isn't much. They only say three sentences to each other in the whole thing, and I wonder if that was three too many. A fine example of conveying emotion between two characters through actions alone, and while the story cheats a bit by including a few other characters for the main ones to speak to, it all leads to a nice little punch line at the ending.

Queen of Queens

The life and times of Queen Chrysalis, short, sweet, and tragic as it is.

This story thrives on it's world building, and its world has the depth to match. I've never seen this idea about changelings before--not just for the queen, but the species as a whole--and it was a treat to read from beginning to end. Their names, their culture, their skills, it's a comprehensive look at a society through the eyes of one of their own, while at the same time exploring Chrysalis' character in a masterful way.

Minds Eye
Group Admin

WEEK THREE or four, if anyone is paying attention.

Social Confinement

A common idea told in a different way, this story tells the tale of how a resident of Our Town came to live there. Written as a speech for radio broadcast, it has shades of being confessional, biographic, even with a dash of motivation thrown in about the depression this pony felt before and during their stay under Starlight Glimmer. It's an interesting narrative, and well worth the time.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3