Harmonists' Archive 346 members · 1,249 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

Here's an idea up for grabs.
Title: "Is it wrong for us to exist?"

Description: This is basically the Bats episode, but with a different twist ending. Towards the part where the mane 6 are ganging up on Flutterbat to use mirrors in order for her to use the stare on herself, and for Twilight to perform the counter spell, something else happens. Before Twilight can perform the counter spell on Flutterbat, some unknown force swoops by and destroys all of their mirrors. They discover that it was a pack of natural born bat/vamponies who destroyed them. The Vamponies believe that Flutterbat is one of them and try to "rescue" her from the mane 6. After a long fight between the mane 6 and the Vamponies, they decide to take Flutterbat back to their home and welcome her to their community, one that's most awake at night. There, Flutterbat meets the leader of the Vamponies, and he begins to teach her how to speak properly, how to use her Vampony abilities, and of course how to drink blood.

After she has learned to speak again, she tells them that she doesn't remember what happened or how she became a batpony. So the leader and the rest of the Vamponies try their best to make Flutterbat feel welcomed in their community and to have a new set of friends. She also develops a deep bond with the leader during her new life at night. The leader tells her that Bat ponies and Vamponies are often not welcomed in pony society just because they feed on the juice of an apple or the blood of a pony, they're not doing it because they want to, they're doing it because they have to. Flutterbat then tries to come up with a plan to create an alternative for Vamponies to feed on while trying to make them feel welcomed in pony society. But it won't be easy, especially with the mane 6 starting a personal war for "kidnapping" their friend. That's the gist of it. Any takers? Thoughts?

4447501 I like my vampires like I like my women. Evil and out to get me No, just... cut that. Cut that segment.

I like vampires to be, well, pretty damn evil. The last thing I want is for vamponies to get all teary eyed every time they kill someone. Let's make 'em a bit more fearsome than that, right?

Plus, feeding on apples, or ponies. Call me crazy, but thats one helluva difference. Why would they even go near ponies in that case? Apples don't kick back.

Still, I like the idea of Flutterbat getting away. Not sure about the other vamponies, though, but that's just me.

an alternative for Vamponies to feed on

What's the alternative?

4447563 Just thought it would be interesting to look at the situation from the "Enemies" point of view. Like Flutterbat discovers they're not all evil and they're only doing it for survival. Just like how lions hunt for zebras in the Savannah or when a mosquito bites an animal for blood. Its not like its going to be a cliche romance like the Twilight saga, just like a dark war between the ponies and vamponies and determining which side are the real enemies. You know?

4447604 Well, thing is, if they can eat apples, they aren't doing it for survival. I mean, I don't blame them. I can survive as a vegetarian, but I still love me some steak. I also have no hard feelings about it.

Seeing things from the enemy's point of view doesn't always mean they're misunderstood. I'm a vicious carnivore. If a deer was to see things through my eyes, the poor thing would be mortified. And that strikes me as a bit more interesting, because despite that, I'm still a nice guy. Could a deer reconcile that with my sheer enjoyment of a good venison?

Food for thought.

4447615 I can see that. But blood and apples are the only things Vamponies can feed on, unless I'm mistaken and they can feed on anything. And seeing how that's their only food source, they don't have many options. I guess Flutterbat could make the leader see from her POV and see how savage Vamponies can be. But while one side is always willing to make peace, another side isn't. And that's usually how a war starts. Sometimes. When they feed on blood, they're killers. When they feed on apples, they're thieves. So they don't have many options.

When they feed on apples, they're thieves.

They could just grow some apples themselves.

4447685 They can't buy the seeds because if they go out in public, day or night, they'll either be cremated by the sun or exiled away by the other ponies. They either find their own seeds or take them when no one is looking.

They either find their own seeds or take them when no one is looking.

Well, good. Problem solved, then.

They could also, y'know, buy them. After all, if they're not eating ponies, I suspect over time ponies will become a lot less hostile.

4447744 I just said they can't buy them because their discriminated. Plus, I think its obvious that the citizens of Ponyville will panic if they see anything thats NOT a pony. Except for Zecora.

4447784 Or Iron Bull. Or Spike. Or those night pony guards. Or whatever Scorpan was, back in the day. Or Gilda.

My point is, if they didn't eat ponies, they wouldn't get discriminated against. Except by a minority, which can be ignored. Moral of the day? Don't eat people and expect to be friends with them later. Sad but true.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12